Date and time
Saturday, May 5, 2012
3:00 - 6:00 p.m.
UBS Financial Services Inc.
17775 West Bluemound Road
Brookfield, WI 53045
The Perrigo/Magner Group
UBS Financial Services Inc.
Reservation is required.
Lynn M. Magner
Some things have a precious value for us that is beyond price. But wouldn't you still like to know what they are worth?
Please join The Perrigo/Magner Group for an exclusive appraisal event with Mark Moran, former senior editor of Antiques and Collectible Books for Krause Publications, as he discusses his experiences in buying and selling antiques for more than 30 years, and appraises one item for each registered participant.
Mark F. Moran
Former Senior Editor of Antiques and Collectible Books
Topic: What's It Worth?
Mark Moran, is a former senior editor of Antiques and Collectible Books for Krause Publications and has bought and sold antiques for more than 30 years. Specializing in vintage folk art, Americana and fine art, he is the author or co-author of more than 25 books on antiques and collectables, including the 800 page annual Warman's Antiques & Collectables, now in its 45th edition.
Categories of object for appraisal may include:
Fine art, including paintings, drawings, prints and statuary
Furniture (usually smaller pieces are best)
Ceramics, including figural pottery, vases, dishes, kitchenware and stoneware
Glassware, including lighting, marbles and souvenir items
Vintage photographs, including snapshots, tintypes, ambrotypes and daguerreotypes
Advertising, including posters, lithographed tin, paper and figural objects
Folk art, including carvings, quilts, weathervanes, windmill weights and "outsider" art
Assorted toys, including dolls (bisque, composition and plastic), windups and mechanical banks
Metalware, including iron, bronze, brass, pot metal, silver, silver plate
Clocks, including mantel, hanging and figural
Costume jewelry, including brooches, bracelets, earrings
Excluded items: all weapons, including swords and knives (though folding knives with advertising are accepted); coins and paper money; Beanie Babies; fine jewelry, including precious gems, pocket and wristwatches; musical instruments, including violins and wind/reed instruments (though some acoustic and early electric guitars are accepted).
Opinions of value are informal and may not be used for insurance or charitable donations which require a certified appraisal.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Maple Avenue students lead effort to help Oklahoma schools hit by tornadoes
- Templeton band to perform spring concert
- Tablet Talk @ Brookfield Public Library
- LinkedIn Instructor Offers Free Class May 29 at Brookfield Public Library
- Beware of Memorial Day Scams Aimed at Military Personnel
- Wescott chosen as high school associate principal
- Better Business Bureau Urges Donor Caution After Tornadoes
- Like R.A. Smith National on Facebook to Help Fight Childhood Cancer
- Garden Revitalization Educational Series with Melinda Myers at Boerner Botanical Gardens runs May 21 through October 5
- Melinda Myers To Present Free “Late Spring Rejuvenation for your Landscape” Seminar at Stein's in Wauwatosa on Sat., June 1