Date and time
Saturday, May 5, 2012
3:00 - 6:00 p.m.
UBS Financial Services Inc.
17775 West Bluemound Road
Brookfield, WI 53045
The Perrigo/Magner Group
UBS Financial Services Inc.
Reservation is required.
Lynn M. Magner
Some things have a precious value for us that is beyond price. But wouldn't you still like to know what they are worth?
Please join The Perrigo/Magner Group for an exclusive appraisal event with Mark Moran, former senior editor of Antiques and Collectible Books for Krause Publications, as he discusses his experiences in buying and selling antiques for more than 30 years, and appraises one item for each registered participant.
Mark F. Moran
Former Senior Editor of Antiques and Collectible Books
Topic: What's It Worth?
Mark Moran, is a former senior editor of Antiques and Collectible Books for Krause Publications and has bought and sold antiques for more than 30 years. Specializing in vintage folk art, Americana and fine art, he is the author or co-author of more than 25 books on antiques and collectables, including the 800 page annual Warman's Antiques & Collectables, now in its 45th edition.
Categories of object for appraisal may include:
Fine art, including paintings, drawings, prints and statuary
Furniture (usually smaller pieces are best)
Ceramics, including figural pottery, vases, dishes, kitchenware and stoneware
Glassware, including lighting, marbles and souvenir items
Vintage photographs, including snapshots, tintypes, ambrotypes and daguerreotypes
Advertising, including posters, lithographed tin, paper and figural objects
Folk art, including carvings, quilts, weathervanes, windmill weights and "outsider" art
Assorted toys, including dolls (bisque, composition and plastic), windups and mechanical banks
Metalware, including iron, bronze, brass, pot metal, silver, silver plate
Clocks, including mantel, hanging and figural
Costume jewelry, including brooches, bracelets, earrings
Excluded items: all weapons, including swords and knives (though folding knives with advertising are accepted); coins and paper money; Beanie Babies; fine jewelry, including precious gems, pocket and wristwatches; musical instruments, including violins and wind/reed instruments (though some acoustic and early electric guitars are accepted).
Opinions of value are informal and may not be used for insurance or charitable donations which require a certified appraisal.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- BIRCofWI Community Store: Resale, Thrift, and Gift Shop The Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc. is moving from Big Bend to Waukesha, Wisconsin!
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents “Violence in the Workplace” workshop
- Ten Wisconsin High School Seniors Win BBB Foundation’s “Student of Integrity” Scholarship
- Amy’s Gourmet Apples Shares The Love With Tuesday’s Child WISN 12 Kathy Mykleby & Big Brothers, Big Sisters’ Child Savor A Chocolately Caramel Experience.
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Types of Allergies
- SDNB Awarded $100K for Innovative School-to-Work Programs
- Youth Cheerleading Registration Now Open!
- Cinco de Mayo Fiesta Meal!
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness