Stamp Out Hunger-Food Sorter: Salvation Army
Volunteers are needed to unload bags and boxes of groceries from trucks and vans delivering them to The Salvation Army during the annual Stamp Out Huner food drive on May 12, 2012 from 2:30 to 5:00PM. Volunteers will also sort food into appropriate categories. Sorting will be done outside under tents, so please dress for the weather. Some volunteers must be able to lift at least 30lbs; some volunteers will be just sorting food and not doing as much lifting.
Interior Painter needed for properties: Hebron House Of Hospitality, Inc.
Several permanent housing locations and homeless shelters are in need of a good paint job. New paint really helps the guests and clients feel better! We have a VERY MINIMAL budget for supplies and paint, so a donation of such would be very helpful as well.
Special Needs Teacher's Assistant: Children's Community Center
Volunteer help is needed at our Childcare Center working one-on-one with a preschool child with additional challenges. The volunteer will shadow the student, giving extra help where ever needed with planned activities, social time, outdoor play, art and field trips. Volunteers need to be able to commit to at least two mornings a week from 9:00am - 12:00pm.
Videographer: Good Friend, Inc.
If you know your way around a digital video camera, have some video editing software or access to it, and can put together a DVD of clips for a novel marketing piece, we'd love to talk to you! We do student and staff trainings regarding autism and are looking to create a video brochure. Tasks would involve recording four types of our presentations (each for about an hour), doing a few on-camera interviews, and editing some existing video together for separate clips accessible from a front menu. This is a great opportunity to expand your portfolio and gain experience!
For further information please contact the United Way Volunteer Center at 1717 Paramount Drive, Waukesha (262) 547-8459 x117
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Trinity UCC to Host Annual Church Picnic and Outdoor Worship
- Thrive! Wisdom of Life™ Announces 3 New Coaches
- Local student inducted into Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Spectrum Communications Hits the Big 3-0
- Children’s Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children’s Foundation
- Welcome to First Weber Group...
- Hamilton announces April students of the month
- Feline Superstars Debut This Weekend in New Endangered Species Puzzles at Zoo
- FREE Organic Lawn Care Workshops This Saturday
- Introduce a New Member Into Your Family & Culture This Summer By Hosting a Student From Spain