Woodside fourth- and fifth-graders will present their musical, “Aladdin KIDS,” based on the Disney animated movie. The performances will be April 24 at the following times and locations:
• 9-9:45 a.m. in Woodside gym for fourth grade;
• 2:30-3:15 p.m. in Woodside gym for fifth grade;
• 5:45-6:30 p.m. at Hamilton Fine Arts Center for fourth grade; and
• 7-7:45 p.m. at Hamilton Fine Arts Center for fifth grade.
In music and chorus classes, students learned their singing parts and collaborated to choreograph their dances and actions. Students with speaking roles memorized their lines at home and gave up recesses to rehearse their scenes. This musical’s interweaving of music, drama and dance exemplifies types of arts integration that takes place at various grade levels throughout the year at Woodside.
Heather Cheslock is the music teacher at Woodside, which is located at W236 N7465 Woodside Road, Sussex. The Hamilton Fine Arts Center is located at W220 N6151 Town Line Road, Sussex.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Trinity UCC to Host Annual Church Picnic and Outdoor Worship
- Thrive! Wisdom of Life™ Announces 3 New Coaches
- Local student inducted into Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Spectrum Communications Hits the Big 3-0
- Children’s Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children’s Foundation
- Welcome to First Weber Group...
- Hamilton announces April students of the month
- Feline Superstars Debut This Weekend in New Endangered Species Puzzles at Zoo
- FREE Organic Lawn Care Workshops This Saturday
- Introduce a New Member Into Your Family & Culture This Summer By Hosting a Student From Spain