NEW BERLIN, WI - April 4, 2012- Sometimes fighting is the right thing to do. That is exactly what hundreds of students and community members are going to do April 28-29 at Marquette University… fight. They are taking a stand against a disease that takes too much…cancer.
Over 515 participants will gather at the Marquette Central Mall for the 2012 Relay For Life of Marquette University Event. Each year, more than 5,000 Relay for Life events are held in communities across the United States, along with additional communities in 20 other counties, to raise much needed funds and awareness to save lives from cancer. These fundraisers bring communities together to celebrate those who have battled cancer, remember loved ones lost, and fight back against the disease.
“I know many people that have been affected by cancer and I am moved by their will and determination to fight the disease,” says Jerry Batzner, president of Batzner Pest Management. Inspired by others’ resolve, Batzner and its nearly 100 employees are proud to be one of the sponsors of the Fight Back Ceremony.
This year’s Relay For Life event at Marquette University begins at 6:00p.m. on Saturday, April 28, and will go through 6:00am on Sunday. You do not need to be on a team to participate in Relay, everyone in the community is encouraged to stop by throughout the event. For more information about the event, volunteering, or making a donation, visit “Marquette’s Relay for Life page”
As a business that has been family owned and operated for over 65 years, Batzner Pest Management believes in supporting the communities it serves. Batzner annually contributes a portion of its profits to organizations that help make an impact on improving the lives of those who need it most. To learn more about the company, visit “Batzner’s website”
Batzner Pest Management, Inc.
Address: 16948 W. Victor Rd, New Berlin, WI 53151
Industry: Pest Control
- Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Washington & Waukesha County Interfaith Agencies Collaborate to Address the Growing Need for Senior Transportation
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays
- Five Tips for “Greening” the Kitchen From Callen Construction
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- The Financial Side of Being a Caregiver
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Residents Participate in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Sikich Moves In to the Top 10 on Milwaukee’s Annual Book of Lists
- 35th Annual Ice Age Trail Endurance Run