This Sunday, March 18, 2012 at both 9:15 & 11 am worship services we have the great pleasure of hosting Margaret (Peggy) Rozga, Professor Emeritus, University of Wisconsin, Waukesha & the widow of Father James Groppi who led Milwaukee's Open Housing Marches in the 1960s. Peggy will speak on "Milwaukee Civil Rights History: What Does It Mean To Us?" and she will share her poetry and her stories about this history and why it matters today.
In 1967, UUCW hosted Father Groppi for a public event when no other suburban congregation would do so – we’re going to show the film clip of his appearance in our pulpit during the service – it is an electrifying moment in the Civil Rights history of our area…
Peggy will bring copies of her books for sale – please bring your checkbook if you’d like to purchase one of her books (they also are available from online sources).
Also our History Display continues in the Community Room, and we will have an additional display of scrapbooks, photos and other historical materials available for you to view as well.
Unitarian Universalist Church West is located at 13001 W. North Ave, Brookfield and there is ample parking available.
If you’d like more information please go to our website http://www.uucw.org/
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Trinity UCC to Host Annual Church Picnic and Outdoor Worship
- Thrive! Wisdom of Life™ Announces 3 New Coaches
- Local student inducted into Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Spectrum Communications Hits the Big 3-0
- Children’s Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children’s Foundation
- Welcome to First Weber Group...
- Hamilton announces April students of the month
- Feline Superstars Debut This Weekend in New Endangered Species Puzzles at Zoo
- FREE Organic Lawn Care Workshops This Saturday
- Introduce a New Member Into Your Family & Culture This Summer By Hosting a Student From Spain