Bake Sale Helpers Needed: Literacy Council of Greater Waukesha
Volunteers are needed to help at the Literacy Council of Greater Waukesha Bake Sale on Friday April 6, 2012. The day will be divided into about 2 hour shifts between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. One or two people will be assigned to each shift. Volunteers must be a minimum of 18 years old. Families are invited to help as long as there is parental supervision.
Community Awareness & Advocacy Volunteers: Addiction Resource Council, Inc.
We need volunteers who would be willing to act as community awareness and advocacy representatives for our agency by staffing booths and displays at health fairs and other community events. These volunteers would be available to answer questions about our agency & our programs/services as well as conduct fun learning activities such as a "fatal vision" intoxicated driving simulation activity. Training will be provided.
Fiesta Waukesha: La Casa de Esperanza
We have many needs for volunteers at Fiesta Waukesha. Young people like to work at the Soda Booth or help with Grounds Clean-up. But we need adults who can oversee the parking areas. Specifically, we need a responsible adult who will be willing to coordinate all of the clean-up, both daily and post-fiesta. June 22, 23 and 24, 2012 - Frame Park, Waukesha, WI
Help seniors with Spring Yard Clean Up: Interfaith Senior Programs
You, your family, congregation, youth group, community group, or business is needed for outdoor yard clean up this spring for seniors and adults with disabilities throughout Waukesha County. Duties include: raking winter debris, cleaning gutters, washing windows, weeding, installing screens, trimming bushes, and placing lawn furniture in yard. Volunteers can arrange a time and date to do the work directly with the client. Work should be completed between May 1-31. Volunteers under 17 must be accompanied by an adult.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Lori Hayes – Division Manager of the Volunteer Center at 1717 Paramount Drive, Waukesha (262) 547-8459 x117
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Judi Murphy of Murphy Associates honored with Chamber Champion Award
- Knapp Chiropractic Adopts A Local Family
- The C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Gives More than $600 to Two Schools in Second Round of Donations
- Brookfield's Knights of Columbus Are Santa's Helpers for Milwaukee's Poor
- Middle School Students Gather Toys for Milwaukee's Poor
- Brown Deer resident wins grant through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC AND WELLNESS CENTER, INC. PATIENTS GIVE OUTSTANDING TESTIMONIALS
- Brookfield resident wins grant through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- Milwaukee/NARI Recognizes Six Industry Advocates
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County