“America’s Gun Violelnce Epidemic” is the topic for discussion on Wednesday, March 14, at a meeting of American Association of University Women – West Suburban Milwaukee branch. The speaker is documentary film maker Janet Fitch, who has won awards for her documentary series, “Guns, Grief and Grace in America.”
The program, which begins at 7:30 p.m., will be held in the Community Room at the Sunset Playhouse, 800 Elm Grove Road, Elm Grove.
Fitch said that her purpose in creating the documentary, “Guns, Grief and Grace in America,” is to frame the debate as a public health issue, with the focus on prevention. She examines the issue from all perspectives -- urban, suburban, small town and rural communities -- in an effort to find solutions for prevention of all kinds of gun violence – from accidental shootings and domestic violence to suicide, homicide, and mass shootings.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Patrick’s Day Concert with David HB Drake
- Gehl Foods, Inc. Awarded the 2014 Quality and Service Award from Dot Foods
- Comedy for a Cause Benefits Fight Against Ovarian Cancer
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce partners with Waukesha County Technical College for Human Resources for the Small Business roundtable
- Bryan Riesch Paralysis Team Challenge Event Friday, February 27th at Brookfield Elite Sports Club
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- The Oconomowoc Lake Club Appoints New Sous Chef
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Wine & Beer Tasting Event March 21, 2015 @ 6:00pm