“America’s Gun Violelnce Epidemic” is the topic for discussion on Wednesday, March 14, at a meeting of American Association of University Women – West Suburban Milwaukee branch. The speaker is documentary film maker Janet Fitch, who has won awards for her documentary series, “Guns, Grief and Grace in America.”
The program, which begins at 7:30 p.m., will be held in the Community Room at the Sunset Playhouse, 800 Elm Grove Road, Elm Grove.
Fitch said that her purpose in creating the documentary, “Guns, Grief and Grace in America,” is to frame the debate as a public health issue, with the focus on prevention. She examines the issue from all perspectives -- urban, suburban, small town and rural communities -- in an effort to find solutions for prevention of all kinds of gun violence – from accidental shootings and domestic violence to suicide, homicide, and mass shootings.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ice Cream Social at the Brookfield Public Library
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Pregnancy and Chiropractic
- C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Maintains Summer Momentum, Donating More Than $500 to Schools
- "In Your Eyes: The Animal/Human Connection"
- KIDS From Wisconsin to rock New Berlin Eisenhower High School Aug. 21
- ART TO ART: True Stories
- High Tech Comes to Hair Replacement Business
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: 5 Easy Ways to Boost Your Metabolism
- Kevin Rey Joins R.A. Smith National as Civil Engineer
- Dental Exam Often Overlooked as Part of Prenatal Care