“America’s Gun Violelnce Epidemic” is the topic for discussion on Wednesday, March 14, at a meeting of American Association of University Women – West Suburban Milwaukee branch. The speaker is documentary film maker Janet Fitch, who has won awards for her documentary series, “Guns, Grief and Grace in America.”
The program, which begins at 7:30 p.m., will be held in the Community Room at the Sunset Playhouse, 800 Elm Grove Road, Elm Grove.
Fitch said that her purpose in creating the documentary, “Guns, Grief and Grace in America,” is to frame the debate as a public health issue, with the focus on prevention. She examines the issue from all perspectives -- urban, suburban, small town and rural communities -- in an effort to find solutions for prevention of all kinds of gun violence – from accidental shootings and domestic violence to suicide, homicide, and mass shootings.
- Archery For Women
- Callen’s Tips for Transforming Small Interior Spaces
- Art Gallery selling tickets for local charity
- Hoops for Awareness
- Playground at Malone Opens July 2nd
- It's Raining Kittens at HAWS
- Bike Safety and Maintenance Program at Brookfield Public Library
- Learn about Native American Culture at the Brookfield Public LIbrary
- Brookfield resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for STEM Camp project
- Free Identity Theft Prevention program at the Brookfield Library