“America’s Gun Violelnce Epidemic” is the topic for discussion on Wednesday, March 14, at a meeting of American Association of University Women – West Suburban Milwaukee branch. The speaker is documentary film maker Janet Fitch, who has won awards for her documentary series, “Guns, Grief and Grace in America.”
The program, which begins at 7:30 p.m., will be held in the Community Room at the Sunset Playhouse, 800 Elm Grove Road, Elm Grove.
Fitch said that her purpose in creating the documentary, “Guns, Grief and Grace in America,” is to frame the debate as a public health issue, with the focus on prevention. She examines the issue from all perspectives -- urban, suburban, small town and rural communities -- in an effort to find solutions for prevention of all kinds of gun violence – from accidental shootings and domestic violence to suicide, homicide, and mass shootings.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Drew Lillibridge Earns Prestigious Eagle Scout Award
- Annual Pet Blessing
- HUSCO International named Employer of the Year
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips for Easier Fall Lawn & Garden Maintenance
- Attendance at Seventh Annual Multi-Chamber Networking Event Tops Two Hundred Fifty Members
- Fall Open House at Heritage Court in Menomonee Falls
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- Trinity UCC Hosting Craft Fair: "A Fair for all Seasons"
- Join UW-Waukesha Continuing Education for Haunted Halloween Chicago Trip
- Weekly United Way Press Release - Volunteer Opportunities