Pewaukee, Wis. – Most Americans work hard to build a comfortable life for their families. Unfortunately, many overlook a key part of managing finances: An estate plan to control and distribute their assets after death.
A free Feb. 28 seminar at Jannsen + Company, “Introduction to Estate Planning,” will explain the benefits and components of a sound estate plan. The seminar, which will address strategies to ensure that hard-earned money and other assets end up in the right hands, will be at 5:30 p.m. at the Jannsen Center, W239-N3490 Pewaukee Road (southeast corner of Capitol Drive and Highway 164).
“An estate plan is a critical element of financial planning, which is all about building wealth and maintaining a desired lifestyle,” said attorney Scott Burns, MBA, CFA, who will lead the seminar. “Estate planning allows a person who has worked hard to care for their loved ones after passing, while allocating resources to shape their legacy and remembrance.”
Burns listed three important benefits of establishing an estate plan:
• Designation of a person not only to manage estate assets after death, but to potentially coordinate health care and finance matters should the estate holder be incapacitated
• Minimization of taxes, fees and expenses that must be paid upon death, to preserve more of the estate for intended beneficiaries
• Assurance that desired distribution objectives are met, such as tax minimization or creditor protection for beneficiaries, providing for a special needs beneficiary, or providing for children from a prior marriage
“A thorough estate plan is a gift to one’s family, because it avoids guesswork or involvement of a court-appointed third party to distribute assets and settle an estate,” Burns said. “At a time of often significant grief and stress, an estate plan serves as a guidepost that helps families heal and move on.”
Interested seminar attendees are asked to RSVP to Barb Reuter at (262) 513-9292 or firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve their spot. Attendees are asked to consider a $10 donation to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Fund.
Founded in 1975, Jannsen + Company is a full-service certified public accounting and business resources firm with more than 30 professionals and employees. Besides a full range of CPA and payroll processing services, Jannsen + Company advises businesses on information technology, human resources and wealth management. Securities offered through 1st Global Capital Corp., Member FINRA,/ SIPC. Investment Advisory Services offered through 1st Global Advisors, Inc.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee Art Museum Hosts Kohl's Art Generation Family Sundays: Dia de los Muertos
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Adds 15 Members
- Kristen Belan Joins R.A. Smith National as Municipal Services Project Manager/Engineer
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on Oct. 22
- Young Life Wauwatosa at Pizzeria Picola and Yo Mama's!
- Barbara Donaldson, Waukesha Resident, Joins Brookfield Office of Ameriprise Financial
- Hamilton students recognized in NMSC competition
- 4-year-old kindergartners participate in Harvest Parade
- Christmas in the Grove Nov. 7-8
- Hamilton National Honor Society to sponsor blood drive