With several more weeks of winter on the horizon, volunteers and military families are urged to sign up for Project EverGreen’s SnowCare for Troops, a non-profit program matching volunteers with military families serving away from home to provide free snow removal services. SnowCare for Troops is underwritten by THE BOSS Snowplow.
Over 1,000 volunteers have already joined to clear snow from driveways and sidewalks for military families with a spouse or family member serving in the armed forces. Approximately 1,200 military families have signed up for SnowCare for Troops.
“Growing demand from local military families means many more volunteers are needed," said Cindy Code, Project EverGreen executive director. "When a loved one is serving away from home, having the added burden of snow removal lifted from the shoulders of the one left behind is a priceless gift.”
It's easy to support the SnowCare for Troops program by:
* Offering free snow removal services throughout the winter to one or two families in your community;
* Loaning snow removal equipment to volunteers or groups;
* Donating money, transportation or gas cards to offset snow removal and maintenance costs; and
* Referring military families to sign up for the program.
SnowCare for Troops is open to anyone with a plow, shovel or other snow removal equipment who wants to lend a hand.
Project EverGreen’s SnowCare for Troops and its sister program GreenCare for Troops are serving thousands of military families through a national network of lawn care, landscape and snow care professionals and volunteers dedicating thousands of service hours to military families.
To learn more about how to support SnowCare for Troops, visit www.projectevergreen.com/scft or www.bossplow.com/snowcarefortroops.
About Project EverGreen:
Project EverGreen is committed to informing the American public about the positive effects of well-maintained green spaces, including lawns and landscapes, sports turf, golf courses and parks. A 501c3 non-profit organization, Project EverGreen’s mission is to preserve and enhance green space in local communities for today and future generations.
About THE BOSS Snowplow:
Since 1985 THE BOSS Snowplow has made snowplowing efficient and easy with innovative products that set new industry standards for quality, reliability, craftsmanship and performance. All BOSS Snowplows are designed, built and put to the ultimate performance test in Michigan’s rugged Upper Peninsula where winters — and deep snow — are a way of life.
THE BOSS snow-removal products and accessories are manufactured in an approved ISO 9001:2008 registered facility and are available to professionals and homeowners through the company’s nationwide network of distributors. For more information on THE BOSS Snowplow and the full line of BOSS accessories, call 800-286-4155 or visit the company’s web site at bossplow.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ice Cream Social at the Brookfield Public Library
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Pregnancy and Chiropractic
- C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Maintains Summer Momentum, Donating More Than $500 to Schools
- "In Your Eyes: The Animal/Human Connection"
- KIDS From Wisconsin to rock New Berlin Eisenhower High School Aug. 21
- ART TO ART: True Stories
- High Tech Comes to Hair Replacement Business
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: 5 Easy Ways to Boost Your Metabolism
- Kevin Rey Joins R.A. Smith National as Civil Engineer
- Dental Exam Often Overlooked as Part of Prenatal Care