The Promise of Marriage Equality
UUCW Playhouse presents choral theatre premiere, “The Size of the Dream”
Milwaukee, WI – A constitutional amendment to ban same-sex marriage is coming up for a vote on the state ballot. As campaigns for and against the amendment rage on, seven citizens tour the state to raise their voices in support of marriage equality.
It could be a story about the 2008 battle in California surrounding Proposition 8, but in this case, the voices will be raised in song and story in, “The Size of the Dream: Celebrating the Promise of Marriage Equality” by UUCW Playhouse, Friday - Sunday, February 10-12, 2012 at Unitarian Universalist Church West in Brookfield.
In this choral theatre premiere, a compassionate community organizer leads the group across the state to tell their poignant and personal stories in order to win the hearts and votes of those who will be the hardest to convince.
Written and directed by Kristen L. Weber, the show combines musical theatre and choral performance with images and video, and will include such musical selections as, “Our Children” from Ragtime by Lynn Ahrens & Stephen Flaherty, the Burt Bacharach classic “A House is Not a Home,” Brandi Carlisle’s “The Story” featured last year on Grey’s Anatomy, and, “Proud,” the theme song from NBC’s Biggest Loser.
The production is presented in partnership with Equality Wisconsin, a nonprofit social welfare organization dedicated to securing equal rights under the law for the state’s gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community.
Performances are Friday, February 10 at 7:00pm, Saturday, February 11 at 4:30 & 7:30pm, and Sunday, February 12 at 3:00 & 6:00 pm. Tickets are $10, available in advance at, 414 365-3218 or firstname.lastname@example.org UUCW is located at 13001 West North Avenue in Brookfield and is handicap accessible.
Auditions will be held Monday and Tuesday, January 16 & 17 at 7:00pm. For more information, contact Kristen L. Weber at 414 365-3218 or email@example.com , or UUCW at 262 782-3535.
- Liturgical Musicians Honor Sister Mary Jane Wagner
- The fine line between enabling or disabling Waukesha inmates.
- Pulse of the City Presents Callen With 2016 Customer Satisfaction Award
- Alfons Gallery Brings Milwaukee’s Urban Wilderness into Focus
- Tribute Tuesday Concert Series Announced
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: May schedule
- BSI Launches AV Division
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, MCW and UWM to host Milwaukee Quick Pitch event