Waukesha, WI (November 21, 2011) – For nearly 60 years, the Waukesha-based music retailer has provided violin, viola, cello, and upright bass players great selection, service, rental, and repair options for their instruments. Now, they have furthered their commitment to string players and educators with the opening of the new White House String Shoppe, a division of White House of Music.
Located within the company’s headquarters at 2101 N Springdale Rd. in Waukesha, the newly designed String Shoppe offers orchestral educators and musicians expert service, incomparable selection of orchestral accessories and sheet music, and high-quality instruments with affordable financing options.
“White House of Music’s five locations will continue to offer educators, students, and hobbyists the full inventory of products and outstanding services we always have”, President and CEO Chris White assured, “but the White House String Shoppe allows us to provide our string customers the specific services and products they deserve in a unique, focused way.”
The White House String Shoppe staff features full time “string specialists” to assist String Shoppe guests with their selection. “Our string specialists are professional string players and educators who have also been trained in orchestral sales. This will assure that our String Shoppe guests receive knowledgeable advice and assistance on every visit. The String Shoppe staff has the expertise to assist you with specific stringed instrument concerns.” A staff of three professional string repair technicians will be on site to provide advice, repair, restoration, and appraisals.
Educators and professional musicians were invited to attend an open house at the White House String Shoppe on November 14th. Over a dozen public school music educators, private studio instructors, and professional musicians attended the event. Liz Tuma, cellist with the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra, attended the open house and played several of the cellos that were on display. “I think it’s great,” she said. “There are some really nice instruments here, and the Shoppe is just gorgeous.”
John Fulton agrees. Fulton, a sales representative for Eastman Strings, a fine stringed instrument maker, also attended the open house. “This is fantastic”, Fulton remarked. ”(To have) these musicians and educators supporting the String Shoppe says White House has done it right”.
The public is invited next month to the Holiday String A Long concert of beloved Christmas favorites on Tuesday, December 20th at 8:00 pm. To learn more about the White House String Shoppe, visit www.whitehousestringshoppe.com or call (262) 798-9700.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Patrick’s Day Concert with David HB Drake
- Gehl Foods, Inc. Awarded the 2014 Quality and Service Award from Dot Foods
- Comedy for a Cause Benefits Fight Against Ovarian Cancer
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce partners with Waukesha County Technical College for Human Resources for the Small Business roundtable
- Bryan Riesch Paralysis Team Challenge Event Friday, February 27th at Brookfield Elite Sports Club
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- The Oconomowoc Lake Club Appoints New Sous Chef
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Wine & Beer Tasting Event March 21, 2015 @ 6:00pm