Public Invited to Attend Free Thanksgiving Dinner at Christ the King Church of Delafield
Christ the King Lutheran Church, 1600 S. Genesee St., Delafield, will host a free Thanksgiving dinner for everyone on Wednesday, November 23, from 3 to 6:30 p.m. in the congregation’s Great Hall. The event is being sponsored by St. John’s Chrysostom Episcopal Church, Delafield Presbyterian Church, St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church, Christ the King Lutheran, Nashotah House Theological Seminary, and St. John’s Northwestern Military Academy. To attend, simply RSVP to 262-646-8880.
Dinner will feature traditional Thanksgiving fare, including turkey and gravy, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, assorted fruit and vegetables. The meal is being prepared by two local chefs and served by volunteers from Christ the King Lutheran Church and the Delafield community.
The feast is just one of the evening’s events. From 6 to 6:30 p.m., the MPS Alumni & Homeless Gospel Choir will perform. The unusual gospel choir of more than 30 members was formed four years ago and combines the voices of former MPS teachers and alumni as well as homeless individuals from the Milwaukee area. The group is directed by former North Division high school teacher and choir director Arlene Skwierawski and K.C. Williams.
An ecumenical Thanksgiving Service will begin at 7 p.m. in Noble Victory Chapel on the St. John’s Northwestern Military Academy campus. The Rev. Bob Jensen, pastor at Brookfield Presbyterian Church in Delafield, will be guest preacher and preside over the service. Following the prayer service, a PieFest dessert event will take place in the Academy’s mess hall.
“We look forward to welcoming the public to this special Thanksgiving celebration,” said Pastor Gary Grindeland, senior pastor of Christ the King Lutheran. “This is an important season for all people to come together to give thanks and celebrate our many blessings. We hope to unite all area residents at this event, regardless of their religious affiliation.”
An ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church of America) church, Christ the King has nearly 1,000 parishioners and welcomes new members. Weekly worship is held on Saturdays at 5 p.m. and Sundays at 8:15 and 10 a.m.
For information on Christ the King, call (262) 646-2343 or visit www.ctkdelafield.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Why should everyone get massages regularly?
- TWO MEN AND A TRUCK Kicks off Movers for Military Drive to Help Veterans in Shelters
- Tech Trends workshops continue on October 8, 2015 due to exceptional success
- Brookfield Chamber hosts 10th anniversary ribbon-cutting for Absolute Pilates
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post - Disc Herniation
- Dianne Gleixner Teaches Basketry
- C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Donates More Than $2,000 to Elmbrook Schools in September
- A Delicious Gift of Coffee Sent to Our Local Troops Overseas
- Trinity UCC Hosting "A Fair for all Seasons" Craft Fair
- Froedtert & MCW Ranks Among Top 10 US Academic Medical Centers