The New Berlin Community Band will be opening their 2011-2012 concert season with a delightful mix of overtures, marches and movie soundtracks. “Overture to Candide,” a Bernstein favorite, is a fast-paced, vigorous selection with interesting woodwind features. The band will also be featuring, “Sequoia,” a tone-poem, which is a rarity in concert band programming. It is a favorite of guest conductor, Peter Roth. “Trumpeter’s Lullaby” is a short composition with a soft melodic line and will feature Brian Lemanczyk as soloist. And last but not least, the kids will love humming along to “Disney at the Oscars” and “Music from The Incredibles.” Don’t miss this opportunity to treat your family to a night of relaxation and quality music. New Berlin Community Band’s Friday, November 4th concert will be held at the Free Methodist Church, 2975 S. Sunnyslope Rd., at 7:30 p.m.
The New Berlin Community Band, under the direction of Mr. Jay Huenink, is composed of over 30 talented musicians from every walk of life. The non-profit organization performs 4 free public concerts per year, in addition to various civic ceremonies and parades for the community. They rehearse Monday evenings, 7 – 8:30 p.m. at VFW Post 5716 in New Berlin. Experienced adult musicians are welcome to join this community organization. Express your interest by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or by attending a rehearsal. No auditions are necessary.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What statement will people REALLY be making on Denim Day, April 23?
- CYP Waukesha Hosts “Conservative Media Night” Networking Event
- Upcoming Sunset Playhouse Musical MainStage Concert features Elm Grove Resident
- Support the Arts at Spring Westside Artwalk
- Wisconsin Singers Debuts in Brookfield
- St. Francis All Abilities Playground Craft/Vendor Fair
- Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Status as NABCAP Premier Advisors
- Brookfield Central junior supports girls in Tanzania and earns highest Girl Scout honor
- Register now! Read It & Eat - Popular Library Program
- Learn about Compost on Earth Day at Brew City Gardens