The New Berlin Community Band will be opening their 2011-2012 concert season with a delightful mix of overtures, marches and movie soundtracks. “Overture to Candide,” a Bernstein favorite, is a fast-paced, vigorous selection with interesting woodwind features. The band will also be featuring, “Sequoia,” a tone-poem, which is a rarity in concert band programming. It is a favorite of guest conductor, Peter Roth. “Trumpeter’s Lullaby” is a short composition with a soft melodic line and will feature Brian Lemanczyk as soloist. And last but not least, the kids will love humming along to “Disney at the Oscars” and “Music from The Incredibles.” Don’t miss this opportunity to treat your family to a night of relaxation and quality music. New Berlin Community Band’s Friday, November 4th concert will be held at the Free Methodist Church, 2975 S. Sunnyslope Rd., at 7:30 p.m.
The New Berlin Community Band, under the direction of Mr. Jay Huenink, is composed of over 30 talented musicians from every walk of life. The non-profit organization performs 4 free public concerts per year, in addition to various civic ceremonies and parades for the community. They rehearse Monday evenings, 7 – 8:30 p.m. at VFW Post 5716 in New Berlin. Experienced adult musicians are welcome to join this community organization. Express your interest by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or by attending a rehearsal. No auditions are necessary.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Templeton students regional finalists in National History Day
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check
- GRAMMY® Award-Winning Trumpeter Randy Brecker to Give Free Jazz Clinic with Area High School Students at Cascio, March 24
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Hamilton seniors named scholarship winners
- Synergy Show Choir to perform final concert March 10
- HABC offers Charger spirit wear online
- Hamilton decides to put prize money to use
- New Berlin Library Book Drive
- Dental Associates Teaches 900 Students Dental Health