The New Berlin Community Band will be opening their 2011-2012 concert season with a delightful mix of overtures, marches and movie soundtracks. “Overture to Candide,” a Bernstein favorite, is a fast-paced, vigorous selection with interesting woodwind features. The band will also be featuring, “Sequoia,” a tone-poem, which is a rarity in concert band programming. It is a favorite of guest conductor, Peter Roth. “Trumpeter’s Lullaby” is a short composition with a soft melodic line and will feature Brian Lemanczyk as soloist. And last but not least, the kids will love humming along to “Disney at the Oscars” and “Music from The Incredibles.” Don’t miss this opportunity to treat your family to a night of relaxation and quality music. New Berlin Community Band’s Friday, November 4th concert will be held at the Free Methodist Church, 2975 S. Sunnyslope Rd., at 7:30 p.m.
The New Berlin Community Band, under the direction of Mr. Jay Huenink, is composed of over 30 talented musicians from every walk of life. The non-profit organization performs 4 free public concerts per year, in addition to various civic ceremonies and parades for the community. They rehearse Monday evenings, 7 – 8:30 p.m. at VFW Post 5716 in New Berlin. Experienced adult musicians are welcome to join this community organization. Express your interest by contacting email@example.com or by attending a rehearsal. No auditions are necessary.
- Melinda Myers to Present Twice Daily at The Wisconsin State Fair
- Join us at the Sussex Farmers Market - Sundays from 9:30 - 1
- Alliance Tax & Accounting Service expands office to accommodate growth
- Brookfield Safety Town: Then and Now
- MCW awarded $1.9 million for cardiovascular research in chronic kidney disease
- Wauwatosa West Class of 2001 Reunion
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce sponsoring Waukesha regional job fair
- Demlang Builders Welcomes Martha Ziegler as Selections Coordinator
- Cardiovascular Center Golf Challenge puts spotlight on heart disease
- Free Cyber-Seniors Documentary Screening