August 24 – The Waukesha County Genealogical Society will celebrate the 30th anniversary
of the society at this year’s potluck social. The celebration will be on Wednesday, August 24
at the Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin, Inc., Waukesha Community Service
Center, 1400 Nike Dr. from 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm. If interested in attending, please contact
WCGS for more information, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org, website www.rootsweb.com/~wiwcgs/ or call 262-227-2116.
The Waukesha County Genealogical Society (WCGS) was originally organized in September
of 1967 as a group of individuals who met monthly to study genealogy.
The group decided to formalize their organization in 1981. A meeting was held in June of 1981 for the election of officers and the formation of a constitution. The constitution was formally adopted in September of 1981 and the organization became known as "The Waukesha County Genealogical Society".
Since then, the society has been instrumental in helping fellow members in learning about and
researching their family lineage. The society has held many workshops and classes;
published a pedigree book of WCGS members; indexed obituary records from the Waukesha
Freeman for the period 1859 to 1920; and has donated many books to Waukesha Public
Library including Germans to America; among many other services.
Our next regular meeting will be Wednesday, September 28 at 7:00 pm at Citizens Bank of
Mukwonago, Waukesha Training Center, 2109 Corporate Drive, Waukesha, WI, at the corner
of Les Paul Parkway (Hwy 59) and Center Road.
The public is welcome to attend - the
meetings are FREE! Individual membership is $12/yr.
The WCGS brings beginning and experienced genealogists together on a regular basis to
meet, discuss, and learn. For more information visit www.rootsweb.com/~wiwcgs/
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Why should everyone get massages regularly?
- TWO MEN AND A TRUCK Kicks off Movers for Military Drive to Help Veterans in Shelters
- Tech Trends workshops continue on October 8, 2015 due to exceptional success
- Brookfield Chamber hosts 10th anniversary ribbon-cutting for Absolute Pilates
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post - Disc Herniation
- Dianne Gleixner Teaches Basketry
- C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Donates More Than $2,000 to Elmbrook Schools in September
- A Delicious Gift of Coffee Sent to Our Local Troops Overseas
- Trinity UCC Hosting "A Fair for all Seasons" Craft Fair
- Froedtert & MCW Ranks Among Top 10 US Academic Medical Centers