As the saying goes, all good things must come to an end, and as the kids start heading back to school, so do the Waukesha County lifeguards. Closing dates have been set for the six beaches within the Waukesha County Park System. Dates are based on lifeguard availability. We would like to remind park goers that Waukesha County Beaches are only open when lifeguards are on duty; and swimming is prohibited when beaches are closed. The following are the Waukesha County beach closing dates:
Mukwonago Park – August 21, 5 pm
Fox Brook Park - August 21, 7 pm
Muskego Park - August 23, 7 pm
Naga-Waukee Park - August 24, 5 pm
Minooka Park - August 28, 5 pm
Menomonee Park - August 30, 7 pm
The Waukesha County beach hours will remain the same, unless their closing dates state otherwise. Normal beach hours are from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on weekdays and 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on weekends, with lifeguards on duty daily. County Park entrance fees are $3.00 on weekdays and $5.00 on weekends/holidays. Use of the beach is included in the park entrance fee.
The Waukesha County Park System is a natural resource based park system that demonstrates stewardship while providing recreational and educational opportunities. For more information, visit our Web site at www.waukeshacountyparks.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Kiwanis Club of Wauwatosa Public Welcome
- Milwaukee/NARI Announces 2013 “Best of Tour” Award Winner
- Express Employment Professionals Awarded “Best of Staffing”
- First annual Village Extreme to be held June 22, 2013 in Brookfield Village
- Safe Sitter Babysitting Classes Offered at Wheaton Franciscan - Elmbrook Memorial
- FREE Elmbrook Memorial "Walk With A Wheaton Doc" - Saturday, June 22, 2013
- Free music event at Luther Manor
- Butler's Picnic in the Park to Feature Vintage Baseball, Oscar Mayer Wienermobile
- Student’s award brings resources to high school
- Hamilton cheerleaders sponsor clinic