Twenty-six Junior Lancer Cheerleaders traveled with their coaches to Badger High School in Lake Geneva, WI to participate in the UCA Midwest Training Clinic. Over 450 high school cheerleaders from around the region attended this clinic, and JLC was the youngest group there. The Junior Lancer Cheerleaders learned a new sideline cheer, extreme dance, and also learned exciting new stunts!
The JLC athletes worked really hard, and performed their newly learned cheer (which they had less than an hour to learn and perfect!) in front of a large panel of 12 UCA coaches for evaluation. We're proud to announce our performance earned an "Excellent" UCA Award!
JLC was represented by 3rd graders Josie B and Kaitlyn I.; 4th graders Ana S., Meghan U., Melanie V, and Miranda G.; 5th graders Emma R., Julianne P., Lindsey R., Reagan L., Riley S., and Yasi S.; 6th graders Agathe O., Bridget M., Dana S., Kendra P., Mia K., and Teja P.; and 7th graders Hannah P., Jaida G., Katy N., Lexi Sch., Lexi Sh., Olivia R., Robyn T., and Samantha A.
Our athletes did a superb job of representing Junior Lancer Cheer, their families, and the Brookfield Community at the clinic! Your coaches are so proud of you!
Junior Lancer Cheer is a not-for-profit organization, and is a volunteer run organization. Our funding comes from annual dues paid by participating families. Though JLC is the feeder program to Brookfield Central High School Cheer, we are not supported by school funds or property taxes.
JLC is a no-cut sport for 2nd - 8th grade girls, and there are no try-outs. We will accept any girl from any school district, as long as she is able to commit to our practice and competition schedule.
JLC believes in offering a program to any girl that wishes to learn the fundamentals of cheerleading and experience cheerleading in a physically and emotionally safe environment.
Registration is ongoing NOW for the 2011 - 2012 Cheer Season. Visit our website at www.juniorlancercheer.com for more information. Stay up-to-date with everything JLC and "Like" us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/juniorlancercheer
- Melinda Myers to Present Twice Daily at The Wisconsin State Fair
- Join us at the Sussex Farmers Market - Sundays from 9:30 - 1
- Alliance Tax & Accounting Service expands office to accommodate growth
- Brookfield Safety Town: Then and Now
- MCW awarded $1.9 million for cardiovascular research in chronic kidney disease
- Wauwatosa West Class of 2001 Reunion
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce sponsoring Waukesha regional job fair
- Demlang Builders Welcomes Martha Ziegler as Selections Coordinator
- Cardiovascular Center Golf Challenge puts spotlight on heart disease
- Free Cyber-Seniors Documentary Screening