Twenty-six Junior Lancer Cheerleaders traveled with their coaches to Badger High School in Lake Geneva, WI to participate in the UCA Midwest Training Clinic. Over 450 high school cheerleaders from around the region attended this clinic, and JLC was the youngest group there. The Junior Lancer Cheerleaders learned a new sideline cheer, extreme dance, and also learned exciting new stunts!
The JLC athletes worked really hard, and performed their newly learned cheer (which they had less than an hour to learn and perfect!) in front of a large panel of 12 UCA coaches for evaluation. We're proud to announce our performance earned an "Excellent" UCA Award!
JLC was represented by 3rd graders Josie B and Kaitlyn I.; 4th graders Ana S., Meghan U., Melanie V, and Miranda G.; 5th graders Emma R., Julianne P., Lindsey R., Reagan L., Riley S., and Yasi S.; 6th graders Agathe O., Bridget M., Dana S., Kendra P., Mia K., and Teja P.; and 7th graders Hannah P., Jaida G., Katy N., Lexi Sch., Lexi Sh., Olivia R., Robyn T., and Samantha A.
Our athletes did a superb job of representing Junior Lancer Cheer, their families, and the Brookfield Community at the clinic! Your coaches are so proud of you!
Junior Lancer Cheer is a not-for-profit organization, and is a volunteer run organization. Our funding comes from annual dues paid by participating families. Though JLC is the feeder program to Brookfield Central High School Cheer, we are not supported by school funds or property taxes.
JLC is a no-cut sport for 2nd - 8th grade girls, and there are no try-outs. We will accept any girl from any school district, as long as she is able to commit to our practice and competition schedule.
JLC believes in offering a program to any girl that wishes to learn the fundamentals of cheerleading and experience cheerleading in a physically and emotionally safe environment.
Registration is ongoing NOW for the 2011 - 2012 Cheer Season. Visit our website at www.juniorlancercheer.com for more information. Stay up-to-date with everything JLC and "Like" us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/juniorlancercheer
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Maple Avenue students lead effort to help Oklahoma schools hit by tornadoes
- Templeton band to perform spring concert
- Tablet Talk @ Brookfield Public Library
- LinkedIn Instructor Offers Free Class May 29 at Brookfield Public Library
- Beware of Memorial Day Scams Aimed at Military Personnel
- Wescott chosen as high school associate principal
- Better Business Bureau Urges Donor Caution After Tornadoes
- Like R.A. Smith National on Facebook to Help Fight Childhood Cancer
- Garden Revitalization Educational Series with Melinda Myers at Boerner Botanical Gardens runs May 21 through October 5
- Melinda Myers To Present Free “Late Spring Rejuvenation for your Landscape” Seminar at Stein's in Wauwatosa on Sat., June 1