“GLUTEN FREE BEER TASTING TO FOLLOW”
Milwaukee’s Chef Michael Feker strives to cook for a cause. Accommodating gluten-free guests shall become effortless at Feker’s Italian/Mediterranean inspired IL MITO Enoteca as he premiers his Gluten-Free dinner menu on Tuesday, March 15, 2011. This movement shall be followed by a Gluten-Free Beer Tasting held at Feker’s Cooking Studio: CMF’s School of Culinary Magic, where guests will learn the magic of pairing gluten-free beers with gluten-free cuisine without losing out on flavor or quality.
“It is important to nourish your body and culinary soul with healthy foods that make you feel good,” believes Feker. “If someone has Celiac disease, their body cannot absorb the proteins found in gluten, which causes the undigested particles to travel through the blood stream and clog up the bodies ability to function correctly.” Ingredients such as buckwheat, corn, rice, soy, potatoes and flax are incorporated in place of wheat barley and rye without the loss of flavor or nutritional quality.
Chef Feker is a culinary innovator who has made it his mission to get people back to the dinner table; from his restaurant, IL MITO Enoteca, to his state-of-the-art cooking school, CMF’s School of Culinary Magic where he will hosts monthly gourmet beer and wine tastings, hands-on and demonstrational luncheons, as well as private lessons for individuals or couples. To learn more about this event and other culinary opportunities, explore www.ilmitocooking.com.
Keep up to date on Twitter and Facebook at: http://twitter.com/cheffeker and http://www.facebook.com/pages/IL-MITO-ENOTECA/10304511
IL MITO is located in Wauwatosa at 6913 W. North Avenue. Lunch is served Tuesday through Saturday 11:00am to 2:00pm; Sunday Brunch with Bloody Mary Bar 10:00am to 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday through Thursday 5:00 to10:00pm, Friday and Saturday 5:00pm to 11:00pm and Sunday 5:00pm to 9:00pm. Reservations can be made online at: www.ilmito.com or by calling 414-443-1414.
# # #
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Card Skimming: Can it Happen to You?
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- Helping Your Child Establish a Good Credit Rating
- New Ongoing Program at the Library: Saturday Crafternoons
- Homeopathic Doctor to Open Elements Massage in Mequon
- New Program Series at the Library: Senior Well-being Series
- Callen Designer Suggests Modifications That Benefit People of All Ages
- Stan’s Fit For Your Feet Promotes Sajdak and Names Kim Marketing Coordinator
- Book Discussion at the Brookfield Public Library
- Christ the King Church Announces New Fall Worship Schedule