“GLUTEN FREE BEER TASTING TO FOLLOW”
Milwaukee’s Chef Michael Feker strives to cook for a cause. Accommodating gluten-free guests shall become effortless at Feker’s Italian/Mediterranean inspired IL MITO Enoteca as he premiers his Gluten-Free dinner menu on Tuesday, March 15, 2011. This movement shall be followed by a Gluten-Free Beer Tasting held at Feker’s Cooking Studio: CMF’s School of Culinary Magic, where guests will learn the magic of pairing gluten-free beers with gluten-free cuisine without losing out on flavor or quality.
“It is important to nourish your body and culinary soul with healthy foods that make you feel good,” believes Feker. “If someone has Celiac disease, their body cannot absorb the proteins found in gluten, which causes the undigested particles to travel through the blood stream and clog up the bodies ability to function correctly.” Ingredients such as buckwheat, corn, rice, soy, potatoes and flax are incorporated in place of wheat barley and rye without the loss of flavor or nutritional quality.
Chef Feker is a culinary innovator who has made it his mission to get people back to the dinner table; from his restaurant, IL MITO Enoteca, to his state-of-the-art cooking school, CMF’s School of Culinary Magic where he will hosts monthly gourmet beer and wine tastings, hands-on and demonstrational luncheons, as well as private lessons for individuals or couples. To learn more about this event and other culinary opportunities, explore www.ilmitocooking.com.
Keep up to date on Twitter and Facebook at: http://twitter.com/cheffeker and http://www.facebook.com/pages/IL-MITO-ENOTECA/10304511
IL MITO is located in Wauwatosa at 6913 W. North Avenue. Lunch is served Tuesday through Saturday 11:00am to 2:00pm; Sunday Brunch with Bloody Mary Bar 10:00am to 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday through Thursday 5:00 to10:00pm, Friday and Saturday 5:00pm to 11:00pm and Sunday 5:00pm to 9:00pm. Reservations can be made online at: www.ilmito.com or by calling 414-443-1414.
# # #
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on May 27
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help