Give Rugby a Try! The Menomonee Falls Rugby Football Club is looking for new high school aged players for the upcoming season. Practice starts Monday, March 7th at 3:45pm at the Killer Hill Baseball Field (Menomonee River Parkway & Marshall Dr). No previous experience is required. Player paperwork and practice/game schedule are available now at www.fallsrec.org or call Coach Dan Zeroth at 262-255-8460.
What is Rugby?
It’s a dynamic full contact team sport, featuring no pads, downs, or forward passes.
Every player can pass, kick, or run with the ball at any time. Each game is 60 minutes long and 15 players play on each side.
What type of athlete plays? And how much?
There is no set ‘type’ we have had players with tons or no sport background and every body type from big too small. Every player that
attends practice on a regular basis will play in each game. There are two games scheduled per match day.
What is the time commitment?
Practice and game days are M/W/F, practice from 3:45-5:30pm, games from 3:45-early
evening depending on travel. Season is March-May, 7 games, 2 scrimmages and playoffs.
What equipment? and how much does it cost?
Football or soccer style cleats, mouth guard, burgundy socks, and rugby shorts. Water and weather appropriate clothing are need for practice. Club dues are $75.00 for the season.
I don’t attend MFHS, can I still play?
We accept athletes from all local schools. In the past we have had players from Germantown, Sussex, Brookfield, and Milwaukee.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Judi Murphy of Murphy Associates honored with Chamber Champion Award
- Knapp Chiropractic Adopts A Local Family
- The C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Gives More than $600 to Two Schools in Second Round of Donations
- Brookfield's Knights of Columbus Are Santa's Helpers for Milwaukee's Poor
- Middle School Students Gather Toys for Milwaukee's Poor
- Brown Deer resident wins grant through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC AND WELLNESS CENTER, INC. PATIENTS GIVE OUTSTANDING TESTIMONIALS
- Brookfield resident wins grant through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- Milwaukee/NARI Recognizes Six Industry Advocates
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County