Give Rugby a Try! The Menomonee Falls Rugby Football Club is looking for new high school aged players for the upcoming season. Practice starts Monday, March 7th at 3:45pm at the Killer Hill Baseball Field (Menomonee River Parkway & Marshall Dr). No previous experience is required. Player paperwork and practice/game schedule are available now at www.fallsrec.org or call Coach Dan Zeroth at 262-255-8460.
What is Rugby?
It’s a dynamic full contact team sport, featuring no pads, downs, or forward passes.
Every player can pass, kick, or run with the ball at any time. Each game is 60 minutes long and 15 players play on each side.
What type of athlete plays? And how much?
There is no set ‘type’ we have had players with tons or no sport background and every body type from big too small. Every player that
attends practice on a regular basis will play in each game. There are two games scheduled per match day.
What is the time commitment?
Practice and game days are M/W/F, practice from 3:45-5:30pm, games from 3:45-early
evening depending on travel. Season is March-May, 7 games, 2 scrimmages and playoffs.
What equipment? and how much does it cost?
Football or soccer style cleats, mouth guard, burgundy socks, and rugby shorts. Water and weather appropriate clothing are need for practice. Club dues are $75.00 for the season.
I don’t attend MFHS, can I still play?
We accept athletes from all local schools. In the past we have had players from Germantown, Sussex, Brookfield, and Milwaukee.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Nora Collins to headline at WAUMC Community Coffee House benefiting Habitat for Humanity
- BBB Wisconsin Announces Statewide Torch Ethics Award Finalists
- Auction Benefits Outdoor Recreation
- Friends of the Library Book Sale
- Catholic Memorial to perform Arsenic and Old Lace
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Common Causes of Back Pain
- North Shore Bank Hosts Free Community Shredding Day on May 2
- 7th Annual Wild Ones Native Plant Sale
- Local High Schools Add Digital Financial Literacy Education as WI DPI Approves Program
- Better Public Speaking Open House