Local psychologist Mitzi Dearborn will discuss the topic of "Women Veterans Returning Home" to members and guests of AAUW-West Suburban Milwaukee branch on Wednesday, Feb. 9. The program, at 7:30 p.m., will be presented at the organization's regular meeting site, the Sunset Playhouse, Elm Grove.
Dr. Dearborn has been the psychologist cnsultant/mental health liaison for the Milwaukee VA Women's Health Primary Care Clinic since it opened in 1994. She is an Associate Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at the Medical College of Wisconsin. Her publications and presentations over the past 28 years have focused on women's health, healthy aging and trauma.
Dr. Dearborn's presentation on Wednesday, Feb. 9, will discuss history of women in the military and their transition from the military to home. She will focus on issues of health care, outreach and resources for women veterans.
American Association of University Women (AAUW) advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy and research. For more information about the organization or about the program, contact Program Chair Kathleen O'Brien, 414-425-1309.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Like talking about books? We have the book club for you!
- 10th Annual New Berlin West Baseball Casino Night Fundraiser
- Wisconsin nominees named in WELCOA’s national Top 100 Health Promotion Professionals
- Ann Massaro, Brookfield Native and Brookfield Central High School Graduate, Joins Ameriprise Financial
- Wayne Vandenbergh Joins R.A. Smith National as Structural Services Project Manager
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: New Consumer Reports Data Highlight Patients’ Satisfaction with Chiropractic Care
- Trinity UCC Jazz Worship & Luncheon
- Community Canine Health Clinic
- SCORE announces February Business Training Schedule
- Puzzles Good for a Child’s Developing Brain