Local psychologist Mitzi Dearborn will discuss the topic of "Women Veterans Returning Home" to members and guests of AAUW-West Suburban Milwaukee branch on Wednesday, Feb. 9. The program, at 7:30 p.m., will be presented at the organization's regular meeting site, the Sunset Playhouse, Elm Grove.
Dr. Dearborn has been the psychologist cnsultant/mental health liaison for the Milwaukee VA Women's Health Primary Care Clinic since it opened in 1994. She is an Associate Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at the Medical College of Wisconsin. Her publications and presentations over the past 28 years have focused on women's health, healthy aging and trauma.
Dr. Dearborn's presentation on Wednesday, Feb. 9, will discuss history of women in the military and their transition from the military to home. She will focus on issues of health care, outreach and resources for women veterans.
American Association of University Women (AAUW) advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy and research. For more information about the organization or about the program, contact Program Chair Kathleen O'Brien, 414-425-1309.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- High Honors Earned At Wisconsin State Fair
- Attorney Sarah A. Ponath Opens New General Practice Law Office in Butler
- Waukesha County Recycling & Water Resources: In the Community
- Required School Supplies More than Families Can Afford
- 21st Annual Sprint for Spina Bifida Showcases Local Talent
- Hurry! Hamilton Class of 60s-70s Reunion is Almost Here
- Grounds Maintenance Services is Hiring!
- Brookfield East Jr. Spartans Baseball Tryouts
- Waterstone Mortgage Corporation Named Platinum Million Dollar Lender
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County