Local psychologist Mitzi Dearborn will discuss the topic of "Women Veterans Returning Home" to members and guests of AAUW-West Suburban Milwaukee branch on Wednesday, Feb. 9. The program, at 7:30 p.m., will be presented at the organization's regular meeting site, the Sunset Playhouse, Elm Grove.
Dr. Dearborn has been the psychologist cnsultant/mental health liaison for the Milwaukee VA Women's Health Primary Care Clinic since it opened in 1994. She is an Associate Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at the Medical College of Wisconsin. Her publications and presentations over the past 28 years have focused on women's health, healthy aging and trauma.
Dr. Dearborn's presentation on Wednesday, Feb. 9, will discuss history of women in the military and their transition from the military to home. She will focus on issues of health care, outreach and resources for women veterans.
American Association of University Women (AAUW) advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy and research. For more information about the organization or about the program, contact Program Chair Kathleen O'Brien, 414-425-1309.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Inspired by a Home Improvement Show? Do Your Homework.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: December schedule
- Tosa West Orchestra Kindekonzert Sat. Dec. 5th
- Allume Architects celebrates move to Elm Grove with ribbon-cutting and open house
- Brookfield Chamber hosts ribbon-cutting for new member, Mike Savelkoul of Edward Jones
- Local Chiropractors Disucss: The Role of Antioxidants in Good Health
- Attitude of Gratitude
- Christmas at the Horse
- Aqua Sprites Cure the Winter Blues
- Hilarious and Heartwarming "Holidays At My House" One-Woman Show!