Local psychologist Mitzi Dearborn will discuss the topic of "Women Veterans Returning Home" to members and guests of AAUW-West Suburban Milwaukee branch on Wednesday, Feb. 9. The program, at 7:30 p.m., will be presented at the organization's regular meeting site, the Sunset Playhouse, Elm Grove.
Dr. Dearborn has been the psychologist cnsultant/mental health liaison for the Milwaukee VA Women's Health Primary Care Clinic since it opened in 1994. She is an Associate Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at the Medical College of Wisconsin. Her publications and presentations over the past 28 years have focused on women's health, healthy aging and trauma.
Dr. Dearborn's presentation on Wednesday, Feb. 9, will discuss history of women in the military and their transition from the military to home. She will focus on issues of health care, outreach and resources for women veterans.
American Association of University Women (AAUW) advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy and research. For more information about the organization or about the program, contact Program Chair Kathleen O'Brien, 414-425-1309.
- Milwaukee local graduates from Concord Law School
- Annex Wealth Management Named to Financial Times 300 Top Registered Investment Advisers List for Third Consecutive Year
- Bertka Appointed to Medical College Faculty
- Lubar Supply Chain Team Ranks Third in World Competition
- Brookfield Chamber of Commerce holds ribbon-cutting for Network Health
- Archery For Women
- Callen’s Tips for Transforming Small Interior Spaces
- Art Gallery selling tickets for local charity
- Hoops for Awareness
- Playground at Malone Opens July 2nd