You are invited to attend an Amnesty International “Write for Rights Global Write-A-Thon” event and potluck dinner on Sunday, Dec. 12th, 5:30 - 7:30pm, at Unitarian Universalist Church West, 13001 W. North Ave, Brookfield.
Enjoy good food and fellowship while engaging in a very positive project to support global peace and human rights. Every December, Amnesty International organizes an intense letter writing campaign on behalf of 10 - 12 human rights activists or groups from around the world who are imprisoned or under threat for their actions. The hundreds of thousands of letters generated during the week long Write for Rights alerts the governments holding or abusing these individuals that the world is watching. Every year, Amnesty is able to report that a number of these prisoners of conscience are released and for others their conditions are improved. Read the stories of all of this year’s activists and how the Write-a-Thon can help them at http://www.amnestyusa.org/writeathon/cases.php
Bring a dish to share, about 10 non-denominational greeting cards, a pen, and friends. Open to the public.
Sponsored by UUCW's Global Justice and Peace Task Force and the Candlelight Coalition.
Questions? Contact Ann Heidkamp, 414-771-8099 or email@example.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dr. John Vondrell Receives Distinguished Service Award
- WARREN WIEGRATZ ADDRESSES MUSIC CLUB
- Lorna Landvik to discuss and sign new novel Best to Laugh at Books & Company in Oconomowoc
- Build Your Talent Pipeline at the Workforce Development Center’s Autumn Recruitment Fair
- Free Prepare Your Home for Winter Seminar Offered by Milwaukee/NARI
- Learn about Common Core Sept. 20 in Waukesha
- Pre Three Class
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Fitness Revolution Brookfield Adds Jeni Manago to Team
- Art & Craft Vendors Wanted!