You are invited to attend an Amnesty International “Write for Rights Global Write-A-Thon” event and potluck dinner on Sunday, Dec. 12th, 5:30 - 7:30pm, at Unitarian Universalist Church West, 13001 W. North Ave, Brookfield.
Enjoy good food and fellowship while engaging in a very positive project to support global peace and human rights. Every December, Amnesty International organizes an intense letter writing campaign on behalf of 10 - 12 human rights activists or groups from around the world who are imprisoned or under threat for their actions. The hundreds of thousands of letters generated during the week long Write for Rights alerts the governments holding or abusing these individuals that the world is watching. Every year, Amnesty is able to report that a number of these prisoners of conscience are released and for others their conditions are improved. Read the stories of all of this year’s activists and how the Write-a-Thon can help them at http://www.amnestyusa.org/writeathon/cases.php
Bring a dish to share, about 10 non-denominational greeting cards, a pen, and friends. Open to the public.
Sponsored by UUCW's Global Justice and Peace Task Force and the Candlelight Coalition.
Questions? Contact Ann Heidkamp, 414-771-8099 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Liturgical Musicians Honor Sister Mary Jane Wagner
- The fine line between enabling or disabling Waukesha inmates.
- Pulse of the City Presents Callen With 2016 Customer Satisfaction Award
- Alfons Gallery Brings Milwaukee’s Urban Wilderness into Focus
- Tribute Tuesday Concert Series Announced
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: May schedule
- BSI Launches AV Division
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, MCW and UWM to host Milwaukee Quick Pitch event