More household waste is produced between Thanksgiving and New Year’s than any other time of the year--about six million tons of additional waste nationwide. To avoid adding to this, consider these green tips for gifts, decorations and entertaining:
• Give gifts of time and activities like plays, concerts, movies, park stickers.
• Buy in bulk to reduce packaging waste.
• Other tips at http://use-less-stuff.com/
• Make sure to place all allowable items in the recycling bin – including NEW
milk, juice and soup cartons – www.recyclecartons.com
• Recycle old electronics such as TVs, computers, printers, VCRs, DVD
players and cell phones- www.dnr.recycle.gov/ecyclewisconsin
• Learn how to compost at home – www.waukeshacounty.gov/recycling
• Cut down on food waste- freeze or share leftovers with guests
• Donate usable household items and clothing to charities and reuse
organizations or post online at www.freecycle.com or www.craigslist.com
• Visit www.ReduceYourWasteStream.org to see how 33 households in
Waukesha County reduced their waste an average of 49% and increased
recycling 66% in one month. Challenge your family to see how well you can
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- GSC & SOLIDWORKS Partner With The EAA to Deliver SOLIDWORKS to Members
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- Off Broadway Salon Celebrate's 30 Years
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1