With the holiday season in full swing, Wisconsin Adopt A Golden Retriever (WAAGR) has scheduled its sixth annual Goldens’ Holiday House for Saturday, December 4, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. WAAGR, an all-volunteer/member Golden Retriever rescue organization serving southeastern Wisconsin and beyond, will host the event at the home of one of WAAGR’s founding members, N61 W12851 Hemlock Court, in the River Heights South subdivision, Menomonee Falls, Wis.
The Goldens’ Holiday House is a must-attend event for any dog lover that is sure to get attendees into the holiday spirit. The home will be decorated with nearly 30 themed trees, including a Wizard of Oz tree and a tree dedicated to Jolly Old St. Nick himself. WAAGR member Barb Hart, who hosts the event with her husband Jim, begins decorating her home for the event in September. The event also will feature a baked goods sale, silent auction, complimentary refreshments, and plenty of Golden Retrievers. A $5 donation is requested to attend the Goldens’ Holiday House, with kids under 12 admitted for free. All proceeds from the event go to help the Goldens in WAAGR’s care that are awaiting new homes.
“As a nonprofit organization with no paid staff, we rely on the generosity of individuals that want to help provide a safe and happy life for Golden Retrievers that, for whatever reason, have lost their homes,” says WAAGR president Craig Cwiklowski. “Our 2009 event was our most successful to date, raising more than $4,000, which has helped us place 115 Goldens so far this year. We appreciate all of the support that we receive and look forward to helping Goldens for many more years to come.”
Wisconsin Adopt A Golden Retriever received its 501(c)(3) February 2005 and helped its first dog later that year. WAAGR’s mission is “to provide bright new beginnings to displaced golden retrievers.” WAAGR is an all-volunteer/member rescue organization based in southeastern Wisconsin, also serving the areas of Madison and the Fox Cities/Green Bay. For more information about WAAGR and adopting, visit the organization on the web at www.waagr.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Thrive! Wisdom of Life™ Announces 3 New Coaches
- Local student inducted into Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Spectrum Communications Hits the Big 3-0
- Children’s Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children’s Foundation
- Welcome to First Weber Group...
- Hamilton announces April students of the month
- Feline Superstars Debut This Weekend in New Endangered Species Puzzles at Zoo
- FREE Organic Lawn Care Workshops This Saturday
- Introduce a New Member Into Your Family & Culture This Summer By Hosting a Student From Spain
- Succeeding in Business with Passion, Purpose and Persistence