Christ the King Lutheran Church of Delafield Welcomes Carthage College’s Harvard Stephens to Worship Services on Sun., Oct. 23
Christ the King Lutheran Church of Delafield will welcome the Reverend Dr. Harvard Stephens, Jr., dean of the Siebert Chapel at Carthage College, Kenosha, on Sunday, October 23. Pastor Stephens will preach during the 8:15 and 10 am worship services.
Pastor Stephens, a third generation Lutheran pastor and a member of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, came to Carthage in 2003 after serving as Lutheran Campus Pastor at Howard University in Washington, D.C. He has also served parishes in Maryland, Ohio, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. He is a graduate of Harvard University and the Lutheran Theological Seminary at Philadelphia. He preached at Carthage's baccalaureate service in 2001 and received an honorary Doctor of Divinity degree. He and his wife Linda are residents of Kenosha
Christ the King Lutheran Church, 1600 N. Genesee Street, Delafield, is celebrating its 60th anniversary this year. An ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church of America) church, Christ the King has approximately 1,000 parishioners and welcomes new members. A special Saturday service is held each Saturday at 5 p.m., in addition to the regular Sunday morning services at 8:15 and 10 a.m.
For more information, call the church office at (262) 646-2343 or visit www.ctkdelafield.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Thrive! Wisdom of Life™ Announces 3 New Coaches
- Local student inducted into Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Spectrum Communications Hits the Big 3-0
- Children’s Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children’s Foundation
- Welcome to First Weber Group...
- Hamilton announces April students of the month
- Feline Superstars Debut This Weekend in New Endangered Species Puzzles at Zoo
- FREE Organic Lawn Care Workshops This Saturday
- Introduce a New Member Into Your Family & Culture This Summer By Hosting a Student From Spain
- FREE Elmbrook Memorial "Walk with a Wheaton Doc"