One-day scrap metal recycling drive October 16th
Carloads of discarded metal items can be dropped off at UUCW in Brookfield
Load up your vehicle with broken and unwanted metal items on Saturday morning, October 16th and bring them to the parking lot of Unitarian Universalist Church West (UUCW) for recycling from 8:00am – 12noon at 13001 West North Avenue in Brookfield, WI.
UUCW has again teamed up with Action Recyclers of Milwaukee for a one-day-only Scrap Metal Recycling Drive to help keep scrap metal out of landfills and to help raise awareness about the value of recycling. Household items commonly recycled as scrap metal include computers, holiday lights, pans, cords, shovels, grills, cast iron sinks, metal chairs, and some appliances.
In the United States, the amount of steel that is discarded and not recycled every year is enough to build all the new American-made cars, according to Action Recyclers website. Another statistic on the site states that Americans represent only 5% of the world's population, yet generate 30% of the world's garbage.
An extensive list of acceptable items for the scrap metal drive can be found on the Action Recyclers website at www.actionrecylers.net and includes items made of metals such as aluminum, copper, cast iron, sheet iron, unprepared iron, stainless steel and brass as well as computers & laptops, monitors, car batteries and more. There are also prohibited items listed on the website such as light bulbs, alkaline batteries, compressed gas containers and items containing PCBs or asbestos.
Recyclable metal items can be transported to the church and trained volunteers will be there to load them into a truck for later delivery to Action Recyclers of Milwaukee. Proceeds from the recycling drive will benefit UUCW programs.
For more information on the Scrap Metal Recycling Drive, contact UUCW at 262 782-3535, or Action Recyclers at (414) 671-5777.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha BluesFest Set for Aug 8-9 - A Blues-Based Smorgasbord of Regional and National Talent and Local Artisans
- Governor Recognizes Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month
- Outsourcing Payroll and HR: The Payroll Company Advantage
- KIDS From Wisconsin to rock New Berlin West High School Aug. 22
- Ninth Annual GMAC Golf Outing Tees Off Aug. 15, Benefiting Two Charities
- BBB Tips for Summer Fair Purchases
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Lose Your Job? Your Blueprint to Recovery: Top 10 Things To Do NOW!
- Dental Associates Opens Downtown Clinic in Iron Block Building
- Recycle Electronics to Benefit People with Disabilities