In 2001 the United Nations declared September 21st as the International Day of Peace, a day of global ceasefire and nonviolence. Each year there is a 24-hour vigil held throughout the world meant to demonstrate the power of prayer and other spiritual observations in promoting peace and preventing violent conflict.
Labyrinth Walk for Peace in Brookfield, 9 a.m.
Unitarian Universalist Church West will hold a Labyrinth Walk for Peace on Tuesday, September 21st at 9 a.m. at 13001 W. North Ave., Brookfield, WI 53005, and the labyrinth is east of the Church’s east parking lot. Open to people of all ages.
Prayer for Peace in Elm Grove 1 p.m.
The School Sisters of Notre Dame at 13105 Watertown Plank Road will host a public prayer for peace at 1 p.m, outside by the SSND peace pole along Watertown Plank Road (weather permitting, otherwise inside). The prayer service is expected to last about 1/2 hour.
Silent Prayer Vigil in Milwaukee 6 - p.m.
This year’s main Milwaukee area “public event,” for the International Day of Peace will be a silent prayer vigil that evening at the Milwaukee Friends Meeting House, 3224 North Gordon Place, from 6 – 8 p.m. All are invited to join this interfaith expression of longing and prayer for global peace.
May peace prevail on earth.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce partners with Waukesha County Technical College for Human Resources for the Small Business roundtable
- Bryan Riesch Paralysis Team Challenge Event Friday, February 27th at Brookfield Elite Sports Club
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- The Oconomowoc Lake Club Appoints New Sous Chef
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Wine & Beer Tasting Event March 21, 2015 @ 6:00pm
- Girl Scout Cookie Drive Thru
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Women Matter News Report - Chiropractic and Infertility