“Pet and Music Therapy...Improving the Quality of Your Life”
Elmbrook Area Older Adult Forum
‘Empowering Older Adults Through Education and Support’
Learn how to improve the quality of your life through pet and music therapy by participating in the next Elmbrook Area Older Adult Forum gathering. This important discussion will take place on Tuesday, August 24th, 12:45 – 2:00pm at the Brookfield Senior Community Center (2000 N. Calhoun Rd., Brookfield). Join other older adults from the Elmbrook area who take part in these popular free monthly forums designed specifically to address issues pertinent to the life of older adults. Light refreshments will be served. For more information contact Juli at 262-853-9352.
Lisa Bauman, music therapist with Life Sounds, and Khris Erickson, humane educator with Humane Animal Welfare Society of Waukesha, will discuss and show us the social, physical and mental benefits that both music and pets can offer people of all ages. Research shows us that interacting with pets and listening to and/or creating music is beneficial to our health on so many different levels. Join us for what is certain to be a lot of fun.
The Elmbrook Area Older Adult Forum was developed by local professionals to help empower older adults and their families through education and support. Members of the Elmbrook Area Older Adult Forum include representatives from Brookdale Senior Living, Universal Services Movers for Seniors, Prestige Home Health Care, Brookfield Gardens Assisted Living, Osinga Law Office, Seasons Hospice, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, Stowell Associates SelectStaff, and Church and Chapel Funeral Homes.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Judi Murphy of Murphy Associates honored with Chamber Champion Award
- Knapp Chiropractic Adopts A Local Family
- The C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Gives More than $600 to Two Schools in Second Round of Donations
- Brookfield's Knights of Columbus Are Santa's Helpers for Milwaukee's Poor
- Middle School Students Gather Toys for Milwaukee's Poor
- Brown Deer resident wins grant through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC AND WELLNESS CENTER, INC. PATIENTS GIVE OUTSTANDING TESTIMONIALS
- Brookfield resident wins grant through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- Milwaukee/NARI Recognizes Six Industry Advocates
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County