“Pet and Music Therapy...Improving the Quality of Your Life”
Elmbrook Area Older Adult Forum
‘Empowering Older Adults Through Education and Support’
Learn how to improve the quality of your life through pet and music therapy by participating in the next Elmbrook Area Older Adult Forum gathering. This important discussion will take place on Tuesday, August 24th, 12:45 – 2:00pm at the Brookfield Senior Community Center (2000 N. Calhoun Rd., Brookfield). Join other older adults from the Elmbrook area who take part in these popular free monthly forums designed specifically to address issues pertinent to the life of older adults. Light refreshments will be served. For more information contact Juli at 262-853-9352.
Lisa Bauman, music therapist with Life Sounds, and Khris Erickson, humane educator with Humane Animal Welfare Society of Waukesha, will discuss and show us the social, physical and mental benefits that both music and pets can offer people of all ages. Research shows us that interacting with pets and listening to and/or creating music is beneficial to our health on so many different levels. Join us for what is certain to be a lot of fun.
The Elmbrook Area Older Adult Forum was developed by local professionals to help empower older adults and their families through education and support. Members of the Elmbrook Area Older Adult Forum include representatives from Brookdale Senior Living, Universal Services Movers for Seniors, Prestige Home Health Care, Brookfield Gardens Assisted Living, Osinga Law Office, Seasons Hospice, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, Stowell Associates SelectStaff, and Church and Chapel Funeral Homes.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Governor Recognizes Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month
- Outsourcing Payroll and HR: The Payroll Company Advantage
- KIDS From Wisconsin to rock New Berlin West High School Aug. 22
- Ninth Annual GMAC Golf Outing Tees Off Aug. 15, Benefiting Two Charities
- BBB Tips for Summer Fair Purchases
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Lose Your Job? Your Blueprint to Recovery: Top 10 Things To Do NOW!
- Dental Associates Opens Downtown Clinic in Iron Block Building
- Recycle Electronics to Benefit People with Disabilities
- C.H. Coakley Successfully Moves Another Milwaukee Company