“Pet and Music Therapy...Improving the Quality of Your Life”
Elmbrook Area Older Adult Forum
‘Empowering Older Adults Through Education and Support’
Learn how to improve the quality of your life through pet and music therapy by participating in the next Elmbrook Area Older Adult Forum gathering. This important discussion will take place on Tuesday, August 24th, 12:45 – 2:00pm at the Brookfield Senior Community Center (2000 N. Calhoun Rd., Brookfield). Join other older adults from the Elmbrook area who take part in these popular free monthly forums designed specifically to address issues pertinent to the life of older adults. Light refreshments will be served. For more information contact Juli at 262-853-9352.
Lisa Bauman, music therapist with Life Sounds, and Khris Erickson, humane educator with Humane Animal Welfare Society of Waukesha, will discuss and show us the social, physical and mental benefits that both music and pets can offer people of all ages. Research shows us that interacting with pets and listening to and/or creating music is beneficial to our health on so many different levels. Join us for what is certain to be a lot of fun.
The Elmbrook Area Older Adult Forum was developed by local professionals to help empower older adults and their families through education and support. Members of the Elmbrook Area Older Adult Forum include representatives from Brookdale Senior Living, Universal Services Movers for Seniors, Prestige Home Health Care, Brookfield Gardens Assisted Living, Osinga Law Office, Seasons Hospice, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, Stowell Associates SelectStaff, and Church and Chapel Funeral Homes.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Concordia University to host community thought leaders series
- Callen Earns Esteemed 2015 Angie’s List Super Service Award
- CigarMKE - Know Your Leaf
- R.A. Smith National’s Mike Bach Promoted to Project Manager
- Break Out of the Winter Blues – and Heat Things Up – at Valentine’s Day!
- College Works Painting Internship
- American Lung Association’s State of Tobacco Control 2016 Gives Wisconsin Mixed Grades for Efforts to Save Lives by Reducing Tobacco Use
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- You're Invited to a Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland