Aug. 10, 2010
For More Information:
Lynn Brockmeyer, WPT publicist, 608-263-3364, firstname.lastname@example.org
DeAnne Massey, WPT events manager, 608-262-5256, email@example.com
Advance Quilt Expo tickets are available at Bigsby's Sewing Center in Elm Grove.
Wendy Rieves, a resident of Brookfield, will present a lecture titled “Charm Squares” at Quilt Expo in Madison. She also will teach a workshop titled “Silk Scarf Painting.”
Quilt Expo’s lectures and workshops are taught by notable quilting authorities, and provide an opportunity for quilters to acquire new ideas and tips from quilting educators.
The sixth-annual Quilt Expo, presented by Wisconsin Public Television (WPT) and Nancy Zieman Productions LLC, runs 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 9 through Saturday, Sept. 11 in the Exhibition Hall at the Alliant Energy Center in Madison.
While the event offers an exciting, educational getaway for quilting enthusiasts, it also is a destination for non-quilters who attend to view the hundreds of quilts on exhibit.
Additional highlights are a vendor mall representing more than 150 national and regional companies, educational workshops, stage presentations by industry leaders, appearances by Nancy Zieman of public television’s Sewing With Nancy®, a “Go Red for Women” community service project and two evening events.
For complete details and to pre-register for lectures, workshops and evening events, or to purchase advance tickets, visit wiquiltexpo.com on the Web or phone 866-297-6545.
Funding for Quilt Expo is provided by Nancy’s Notions®, Janome, Baby Lock, Bernina USA, Hinterberg Design Inc., Husqvarna Viking Sewing Machine Co., It’s For Quilting, Etc. LLC, Pfaff and Quilters Club of America.
WPT is a service of the Educational Communications Board and University of Wisconsin-Extension.
Wisconsin Public Television is a place to grow through learning on WHA-TV, Madison; WPNE-TV/TV, Green Bay; WHRM-TV, Wausau; WLEF-TV/TV, Park Falls; WHLA-TV, La Crosse; and WHWC-TV, Menomonie-Eau Claire.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisconsin Residents Join LUNG FORCE Walk to End Lung Cancer
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Backpacks and School
- Impact Networking is Great Rated! By Employees for 2-Years in Row
- Wauwatosa Remodeler SJJanis Makes The Top 60 National Firms For Customer Satisfaction
- Jim Palzewicz brings EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) to Wisconsin
- Unity World Day of Prayer Observances
- Waukesha County Youth Hockey Moms Face Off Against Cancer
- Art and Nature Come Together at the First Annual Artists in The Garden Weekend at the Boerner Botanical Gardens in Whitnall Park, September 12th and 13th, 2015
- Backpack Coalition Distributes 2,100 Backpacks
- Oak Hill Terrace Hosts Program "Paying for Assisted Living"