Aug. 10, 2010
For More Information:
Lynn Brockmeyer, WPT publicist, 608-263-3364, email@example.com
DeAnne Massey, WPT events manager, 608-262-5256, firstname.lastname@example.org
Advance Quilt Expo tickets are available at Bigsby's Sewing Center in Elm Grove.
Wendy Rieves, a resident of Brookfield, will present a lecture titled “Charm Squares” at Quilt Expo in Madison. She also will teach a workshop titled “Silk Scarf Painting.”
Quilt Expo’s lectures and workshops are taught by notable quilting authorities, and provide an opportunity for quilters to acquire new ideas and tips from quilting educators.
The sixth-annual Quilt Expo, presented by Wisconsin Public Television (WPT) and Nancy Zieman Productions LLC, runs 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 9 through Saturday, Sept. 11 in the Exhibition Hall at the Alliant Energy Center in Madison.
While the event offers an exciting, educational getaway for quilting enthusiasts, it also is a destination for non-quilters who attend to view the hundreds of quilts on exhibit.
Additional highlights are a vendor mall representing more than 150 national and regional companies, educational workshops, stage presentations by industry leaders, appearances by Nancy Zieman of public television’s Sewing With Nancy®, a “Go Red for Women” community service project and two evening events.
For complete details and to pre-register for lectures, workshops and evening events, or to purchase advance tickets, visit wiquiltexpo.com on the Web or phone 866-297-6545.
Funding for Quilt Expo is provided by Nancy’s Notions®, Janome, Baby Lock, Bernina USA, Hinterberg Design Inc., Husqvarna Viking Sewing Machine Co., It’s For Quilting, Etc. LLC, Pfaff and Quilters Club of America.
WPT is a service of the Educational Communications Board and University of Wisconsin-Extension.
Wisconsin Public Television is a place to grow through learning on WHA-TV, Madison; WPNE-TV/TV, Green Bay; WHRM-TV, Wausau; WLEF-TV/TV, Park Falls; WHLA-TV, La Crosse; and WHWC-TV, Menomonie-Eau Claire.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce partners with Waukesha County Technical College for Human Resources for the Small Business roundtable
- Bryan Riesch Paralysis Team Challenge Event Friday, February 27th at Brookfield Elite Sports Club
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- The Oconomowoc Lake Club Appoints New Sous Chef
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Wine & Beer Tasting Event March 21, 2015 @ 6:00pm
- Girl Scout Cookie Drive Thru
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Women Matter News Report - Chiropractic and Infertility