Aug. 10, 2010
For More Information:
Lynn Brockmeyer, WPT publicist, 608-263-3364, firstname.lastname@example.org
DeAnne Massey, WPT events manager, 608-262-5256, email@example.com
Advance Quilt Expo tickets are available at Bigsby's Sewing Center in Elm Grove.
Wendy Rieves, a resident of Brookfield, will present a lecture titled “Charm Squares” at Quilt Expo in Madison. She also will teach a workshop titled “Silk Scarf Painting.”
Quilt Expo’s lectures and workshops are taught by notable quilting authorities, and provide an opportunity for quilters to acquire new ideas and tips from quilting educators.
The sixth-annual Quilt Expo, presented by Wisconsin Public Television (WPT) and Nancy Zieman Productions LLC, runs 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 9 through Saturday, Sept. 11 in the Exhibition Hall at the Alliant Energy Center in Madison.
While the event offers an exciting, educational getaway for quilting enthusiasts, it also is a destination for non-quilters who attend to view the hundreds of quilts on exhibit.
Additional highlights are a vendor mall representing more than 150 national and regional companies, educational workshops, stage presentations by industry leaders, appearances by Nancy Zieman of public television’s Sewing With Nancy®, a “Go Red for Women” community service project and two evening events.
For complete details and to pre-register for lectures, workshops and evening events, or to purchase advance tickets, visit wiquiltexpo.com on the Web or phone 866-297-6545.
Funding for Quilt Expo is provided by Nancy’s Notions®, Janome, Baby Lock, Bernina USA, Hinterberg Design Inc., Husqvarna Viking Sewing Machine Co., It’s For Quilting, Etc. LLC, Pfaff and Quilters Club of America.
WPT is a service of the Educational Communications Board and University of Wisconsin-Extension.
Wisconsin Public Television is a place to grow through learning on WHA-TV, Madison; WPNE-TV/TV, Green Bay; WHRM-TV, Wausau; WLEF-TV/TV, Park Falls; WHLA-TV, La Crosse; and WHWC-TV, Menomonie-Eau Claire.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on May 27
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help