The Milwaukee Choristers (www.milwaukeechoristers.org) will hold auditions for new members on Wednesday, Aug. 25, starting at 6:30 p.m., at Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church, 1529 Wauwatosa Ave. Appointments are recommended and can be made by calling 414/354-1933. Walk-ins will also be welcome and will be heard when the schedule permits. A potential member must be a high school graduate or at least 18 years old.
Dr. James B. Kinchen, Jr., Sturtevant, director of choral activities at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside, has been conductor of the Choristers since 1993. He will conduct the private auditions and advises that no prepared material is necessary.
Dr. Kinchen pointed out that knowledge of music or previous choral experience will be beneficial to those auditioning. He will ask the candidates to sing a familiar song and sight-sing a simple melody. During the audition, he will be testing vocal range and evaluating tonal memory.
Singers accepted will join the Choristers in weekly rehearsals at Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church, from 7:15 p.m. to 9:45 p.m., beginning on Wednesday, Sept. 1.
Details and additional advice about the audition process are available on the Choristers’ website – www.milwaukeechoristers.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ice Cream Social at the Brookfield Public Library
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Pregnancy and Chiropractic
- C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Maintains Summer Momentum, Donating More Than $500 to Schools
- "In Your Eyes: The Animal/Human Connection"
- KIDS From Wisconsin to rock New Berlin Eisenhower High School Aug. 21
- ART TO ART: True Stories
- High Tech Comes to Hair Replacement Business
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: 5 Easy Ways to Boost Your Metabolism
- Kevin Rey Joins R.A. Smith National as Civil Engineer
- Dental Exam Often Overlooked as Part of Prenatal Care