The Milwaukee Choristers (www.milwaukeechoristers.org) will hold auditions for new members on Wednesday, Aug. 25, starting at 6:30 p.m., at Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church, 1529 Wauwatosa Ave. Appointments are recommended and can be made by calling 414/354-1933. Walk-ins will also be welcome and will be heard when the schedule permits. A potential member must be a high school graduate or at least 18 years old.
Dr. James B. Kinchen, Jr., Sturtevant, director of choral activities at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside, has been conductor of the Choristers since 1993. He will conduct the private auditions and advises that no prepared material is necessary.
Dr. Kinchen pointed out that knowledge of music or previous choral experience will be beneficial to those auditioning. He will ask the candidates to sing a familiar song and sight-sing a simple melody. During the audition, he will be testing vocal range and evaluating tonal memory.
Singers accepted will join the Choristers in weekly rehearsals at Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church, from 7:15 p.m. to 9:45 p.m., beginning on Wednesday, Sept. 1.
Details and additional advice about the audition process are available on the Choristers’ website – www.milwaukeechoristers.org.
- Community service project provides speakers to groups and clubs
- IHN Names Lenzner VP of Clinical Integration
- Milwaukee local graduates from Concord Law School
- Annex Wealth Management Named to Financial Times 300 Top Registered Investment Advisers List for Third Consecutive Year
- Bertka Appointed to Medical College Faculty
- Lubar Supply Chain Team Ranks Third in World Competition
- Brookfield Chamber of Commerce holds ribbon-cutting for Network Health
- Archery For Women
- Callen’s Tips for Transforming Small Interior Spaces
- Art Gallery selling tickets for local charity