The Milwaukee Choristers (www.milwaukeechoristers.org) will hold auditions for new members on Wednesday, Aug. 25, starting at 6:30 p.m., at Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church, 1529 Wauwatosa Ave. Appointments are recommended and can be made by calling 414/354-1933. Walk-ins will also be welcome and will be heard when the schedule permits. A potential member must be a high school graduate or at least 18 years old.
Dr. James B. Kinchen, Jr., Sturtevant, director of choral activities at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside, has been conductor of the Choristers since 1993. He will conduct the private auditions and advises that no prepared material is necessary.
Dr. Kinchen pointed out that knowledge of music or previous choral experience will be beneficial to those auditioning. He will ask the candidates to sing a familiar song and sight-sing a simple melody. During the audition, he will be testing vocal range and evaluating tonal memory.
Singers accepted will join the Choristers in weekly rehearsals at Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church, from 7:15 p.m. to 9:45 p.m., beginning on Wednesday, Sept. 1.
Details and additional advice about the audition process are available on the Choristers’ website – www.milwaukeechoristers.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Thrive! Wisdom of Life™ Announces 3 New Coaches
- Local student inducted into Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Spectrum Communications Hits the Big 3-0
- Children’s Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children’s Foundation
- Welcome to First Weber Group...
- Hamilton announces April students of the month
- Feline Superstars Debut This Weekend in New Endangered Species Puzzles at Zoo
- FREE Organic Lawn Care Workshops This Saturday
- Introduce a New Member Into Your Family & Culture This Summer By Hosting a Student From Spain
- Succeeding in Business with Passion, Purpose and Persistence