The Milwaukee Choristers (www.milwaukeechoristers.org) will hold auditions for new members on Wednesday, Aug. 25, starting at 6:30 p.m., at Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church, 1529 Wauwatosa Ave. Appointments are recommended and can be made by calling 414/354-1933. Walk-ins will also be welcome and will be heard when the schedule permits. A potential member must be a high school graduate or at least 18 years old.
Dr. James B. Kinchen, Jr., Sturtevant, director of choral activities at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside, has been conductor of the Choristers since 1993. He will conduct the private auditions and advises that no prepared material is necessary.
Dr. Kinchen pointed out that knowledge of music or previous choral experience will be beneficial to those auditioning. He will ask the candidates to sing a familiar song and sight-sing a simple melody. During the audition, he will be testing vocal range and evaluating tonal memory.
Singers accepted will join the Choristers in weekly rehearsals at Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church, from 7:15 p.m. to 9:45 p.m., beginning on Wednesday, Sept. 1.
Details and additional advice about the audition process are available on the Choristers’ website – www.milwaukeechoristers.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- First Congregational Church Offers Seminar on How to Help the Grieving
- Peter Mayer Concert in November
- Film Screening: Merchants of Doubt
- Monster Run Movie and Pumpkin Lighting
- LifeTime OB-GYN Joins Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Health Network
- Lutheran Home Foundation Appoints Brookfield Resident to Board
- Save the Date for the New Berlin West Pom & Dance Clinic on Nov. 21, 2015
- Help "Build" Holiday Cheer
- R.A. Smith National Given Green Light from FAA on Commercial Use of Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS)
- Local Contractor on Mission to Educate First Time Homeowners