The Milwaukee Choristers (www.milwaukeechoristers.org) will hold auditions for new members on Wednesday, Aug. 25, starting at 6:30 p.m., at Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church, 1529 Wauwatosa Ave. Appointments are recommended and can be made by calling 414/354-1933. Walk-ins will also be welcome and will be heard when the schedule permits. A potential member must be a high school graduate or at least 18 years old.
Dr. James B. Kinchen, Jr., Sturtevant, director of choral activities at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside, has been conductor of the Choristers since 1993. He will conduct the private auditions and advises that no prepared material is necessary.
Dr. Kinchen pointed out that knowledge of music or previous choral experience will be beneficial to those auditioning. He will ask the candidates to sing a familiar song and sight-sing a simple melody. During the audition, he will be testing vocal range and evaluating tonal memory.
Singers accepted will join the Choristers in weekly rehearsals at Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church, from 7:15 p.m. to 9:45 p.m., beginning on Wednesday, Sept. 1.
Details and additional advice about the audition process are available on the Choristers’ website – www.milwaukeechoristers.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Help clients plan and prepare for a retirement that is both financially and emotionally successful
- Governor Walker Visits PreventaMed Technologies to Kick Off His New Jobs Plan for Wisconsin
- Hockey Moms Face Off Against Cancer
- Chill Out at 19th Annual BC Band Chili Feed - September 26th
- Device Workshop
- UW-Waukesha Continuing Education Classes (Sept 29-Oct 5, 2014)
- MCW to host graduate school open house
- How To Write and Deliver A Tale Tall
- Tosa West Alumni Publishes Book
- Recycling Stream Quality