Brookfield, WI – August 1st 2010 – Brian, Carl, Kathy and their father, Chip Burghardt, welcome the youngest member of the family, Lynn Burghardt Kaul, to the family owned Burghardt Sporting Goods. The brothers and sisters are the 5th generation of the Burghardt family to own the sporting goods store.
Brian, Carl and Kathy Burghardt purchased the business from their mother and father, Connie and Chip Burghardt in 2008. "We've been looking forward to this moment for a very long time. With Lynn joining our already talented staff, we are very excited about our future. When we call it a family business, we're not kidding around", said Brian Burghardt.
Brian handles Sales and Marketing; Carl works with Sales and Inventory Management; and Kathy handles Administrative and Office Management responsibilities. Lynn will handle Retail Sales, Training and Merchandising. "I'm proud to be part of our family business tradition. The opportunity to bring pride to past and future Burghardt generations by running and growing a successful customer focused operation is key! The Burghardt Sporting Goods name has been around since 1881 and we plan to keep it going forever. The excitement is overwhelming", said Lynn.
Lynn is married, has a 2 year old child and resides in Cedarburg.
Lynn graduated from Homestead High School and was previously employed by M&I Bank in Ozaukee County.
Burghardt Sporting Goods has been family owned and operated in the Milwaukee area since 1881. They are one of the oldest family owned sporting goods retailers in the nation. Burghardt Sporting Goods is a full-service team sporting goods outfitter located at 146th & Capitol Drive, Brookfield, Wisconsin. For more information, call (262) 790-1170 or visit www.burghardtsportinggoods.com.
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Fill the Bus to be held August 6
- McKinley Lodge hosts "World Famous Fish Fry"
- Wii Olympics for Adults at Brookfield Public Library
- Civic Band Plays Free Concert Sunday
- Melinda Myers to Present Twice Daily at The Wisconsin State Fair
- Join us at the Sussex Farmers Market - Sundays from 9:30 - 1
- Alliance Tax & Accounting Service expands office to accommodate growth
- Brookfield Safety Town: Then and Now
- MCW awarded $1.9 million for cardiovascular research in chronic kidney disease