Brookfield, WI – August 1st 2010 – Brian, Carl, Kathy and their father, Chip Burghardt, welcome the youngest member of the family, Lynn Burghardt Kaul, to the family owned Burghardt Sporting Goods. The brothers and sisters are the 5th generation of the Burghardt family to own the sporting goods store.
Brian, Carl and Kathy Burghardt purchased the business from their mother and father, Connie and Chip Burghardt in 2008. "We've been looking forward to this moment for a very long time. With Lynn joining our already talented staff, we are very excited about our future. When we call it a family business, we're not kidding around", said Brian Burghardt.
Brian handles Sales and Marketing; Carl works with Sales and Inventory Management; and Kathy handles Administrative and Office Management responsibilities. Lynn will handle Retail Sales, Training and Merchandising. "I'm proud to be part of our family business tradition. The opportunity to bring pride to past and future Burghardt generations by running and growing a successful customer focused operation is key! The Burghardt Sporting Goods name has been around since 1881 and we plan to keep it going forever. The excitement is overwhelming", said Lynn.
Lynn is married, has a 2 year old child and resides in Cedarburg.
Lynn graduated from Homestead High School and was previously employed by M&I Bank in Ozaukee County.
Burghardt Sporting Goods has been family owned and operated in the Milwaukee area since 1881. They are one of the oldest family owned sporting goods retailers in the nation. Burghardt Sporting Goods is a full-service team sporting goods outfitter located at 146th & Capitol Drive, Brookfield, Wisconsin. For more information, call (262) 790-1170 or visit www.burghardtsportinggoods.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield's Knights of Columbus Are Santa's Helpers for Milwaukee's Poor
- Middle School Students Gather Toys for Milwaukee's Poor
- Brown Deer resident wins grant through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC AND WELLNESS CENTER, INC. PATIENTS GIVE OUTSTANDING TESTIMONIALS
- Brookfield resident wins grant through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- Milwaukee/NARI Recognizes Six Industry Advocates
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Brandish Creative Group launches to support regional small businesses
- City of Brookfield's Winter/Spring Activity Registration, January 10, 2015
- Merry Christmas to the World!