Brookfield, WI – August 1st 2010 – Brian, Carl, Kathy and their father, Chip Burghardt, welcome the youngest member of the family, Lynn Burghardt Kaul, to the family owned Burghardt Sporting Goods. The brothers and sisters are the 5th generation of the Burghardt family to own the sporting goods store.
Brian, Carl and Kathy Burghardt purchased the business from their mother and father, Connie and Chip Burghardt in 2008. "We've been looking forward to this moment for a very long time. With Lynn joining our already talented staff, we are very excited about our future. When we call it a family business, we're not kidding around", said Brian Burghardt.
Brian handles Sales and Marketing; Carl works with Sales and Inventory Management; and Kathy handles Administrative and Office Management responsibilities. Lynn will handle Retail Sales, Training and Merchandising. "I'm proud to be part of our family business tradition. The opportunity to bring pride to past and future Burghardt generations by running and growing a successful customer focused operation is key! The Burghardt Sporting Goods name has been around since 1881 and we plan to keep it going forever. The excitement is overwhelming", said Lynn.
Lynn is married, has a 2 year old child and resides in Cedarburg.
Lynn graduated from Homestead High School and was previously employed by M&I Bank in Ozaukee County.
Burghardt Sporting Goods has been family owned and operated in the Milwaukee area since 1881. They are one of the oldest family owned sporting goods retailers in the nation. Burghardt Sporting Goods is a full-service team sporting goods outfitter located at 146th & Capitol Drive, Brookfield, Wisconsin. For more information, call (262) 790-1170 or visit www.burghardtsportinggoods.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 2nd Annual Bulldog Bash
- Meet & Greet Waukesha School Board Candidate
- Grow Your Business With Referrals
- Froedtert Hospital Foundation Names Board Chair
- Callen Construction Recognized by Houzz
- Like talking about books? We have the book club for you!
- 10th Annual New Berlin West Baseball Casino Night Fundraiser
- Wisconsin nominees named in WELCOA’s national Top 100 Health Promotion Professionals
- Ann Massaro, Brookfield Native and Brookfield Central High School Graduate, Joins Ameriprise Financial
- Wayne Vandenbergh Joins R.A. Smith National as Structural Services Project Manager