Girls, get your game on! Brookfield-based Pride of the Midwest Girls Fastpitch Softball Club will be holding tryouts for their 2011 season teams on Saturday, August 21st and Saturday, August 28th. The tryouts are being held at the softball field at Brookfield Christian School, which is located off Lily Road just south of Burleigh Street.
While participating in various drills, the girls will have the opportunity to showcase their bunting, hitting, fielding, catching, throwing and running skills. Tryouts for girls 8 to 10 years of age will be from 10 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.; 11 to 12 years old, 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.; 13 to 14 years old, 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.; and 15 to 18 years old, 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. The rainout dates are Sunday, August 22nd and Sunday, August 29th, with the venue switching to the softball fields at Brookfield East High School.
The Pride draws girls from throughout the Greater Milwaukee and beyond for its U10, U12, U14, U16 and U18 teams. Most squads practice indoors at lease once per week throughout the Fall-Winter-Spring off-season, with tournaments and league games starting in late-May to early-June and running through early August.
Many of the Greater Milwaukee area's top high school softball players are past or current members of the Pride.
For more information, call Paul Bertling at 262-783-5651 or Ashley Webber at 262-510-8631. On the Internet, visit www.midwestpride.org or www.mmfl.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Concordia University to host community thought leaders series
- Callen Earns Esteemed 2015 Angie’s List Super Service Award
- CigarMKE - Know Your Leaf
- R.A. Smith National’s Mike Bach Promoted to Project Manager
- Break Out of the Winter Blues – and Heat Things Up – at Valentine’s Day!
- College Works Painting Internship
- American Lung Association’s State of Tobacco Control 2016 Gives Wisconsin Mixed Grades for Efforts to Save Lives by Reducing Tobacco Use
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- You're Invited to a Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland