Girls, get your game on! Brookfield-based Pride of the Midwest Girls Fastpitch Softball Club will be holding tryouts for their 2011 season teams on Saturday, August 21st and Saturday, August 28th. The tryouts are being held at the softball field at Brookfield Christian School, which is located off Lily Road just south of Burleigh Street.
While participating in various drills, the girls will have the opportunity to showcase their bunting, hitting, fielding, catching, throwing and running skills. Tryouts for girls 8 to 10 years of age will be from 10 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.; 11 to 12 years old, 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.; 13 to 14 years old, 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.; and 15 to 18 years old, 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. The rainout dates are Sunday, August 22nd and Sunday, August 29th, with the venue switching to the softball fields at Brookfield East High School.
The Pride draws girls from throughout the Greater Milwaukee and beyond for its U10, U12, U14, U16 and U18 teams. Most squads practice indoors at lease once per week throughout the Fall-Winter-Spring off-season, with tournaments and league games starting in late-May to early-June and running through early August.
Many of the Greater Milwaukee area's top high school softball players are past or current members of the Pride.
For more information, call Paul Bertling at 262-783-5651 or Ashley Webber at 262-510-8631. On the Internet, visit www.midwestpride.org or www.mmfl.org.
- The Innocent Killer
- The Importance of Sleep
- Lippert Tile wins Starnet® Worldwide’s 2016 Flooring Contractor Sustainability Award
- Daylily Plant Sale
- Summer Reading is Here
- Trinity UCC Outdoor Contemporary Worship and Picnic
- City of Brookfield annouces Summer Concert Series Line up
- Valedictorian: Wisconsin Connections Academy Taught Me More than Academics
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart – Bathroom Faucet Innovations and Designs Take It Up a Notch
- Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Washington & Waukesha County Interfaith Agencies Collaborate to Address the Growing Need for Senior Transportation