Brookfield East head wrestling coach John Veal has resigned his position after nine seasons, four of which he served as assistant coach and five of which he was head coach.
"I would like to thank the community and students of East High School for their support during my time at the high school," Veal said.
Veal began his coaching career at East as an assistant in 2005, were he helped lead East to multiple conference championships. He took over as head coach during the 2009-10 school year.
"I would like to thank coach Veal for his years of service to the Brookfield East students and community," said Jeremy Martin, athletic and activities director.
The position will be posted soon. Interested applicants can contact Martin for more information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Mystery Photo: July 31
- Library Recommendations: July 31
- Brookfield Bulldogs second in Wisconsin Amateur Baseball Classic tourney
- Big innings lead to two Brookfield Blue Sox wins
- Tug of War World Championship will be in Madison from Aug. 28-31
- Several contributed to Lancers' state baseball championship
- Central beats Plymouth in state semifinal
- Lancers win fourth state baseball championship
- Brookfield Central turns back Homestead for state title, 9-2