Brookfield East head wrestling coach John Veal has resigned his position after nine seasons, four of which he served as assistant coach and five of which he was head coach.
"I would like to thank the community and students of East High School for their support during my time at the high school," Veal said.
Veal began his coaching career at East as an assistant in 2005, were he helped lead East to multiple conference championships. He took over as head coach during the 2009-10 school year.
"I would like to thank coach Veal for his years of service to the Brookfield East students and community," said Jeremy Martin, athletic and activities director.
The position will be posted soon. Interested applicants can contact Martin for more information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- SPORTS NOTES NOV. 19
- Glacier girls hockey to return eight players
- SCORECARD: Elmbrook Swim Club
- Brookfield/Catholic Memorial boys hockey team co-op begins fourth season
- Brookfield East has surprising gridiron season
- Wauwatosa East volleyball season has solid season despite just missing another trip to state
- Brookfield Central's Kennedy proud of football team's effort in winning conference title
- Sport Shorts: Nov. 26, 2015
- Oak Creek girls basketball team pulls away from Brookfield Central in second half