The Brookfield Stars co-op team - which added Catholic Memorial as the third team along with Brookfield Central and Brookfield East - retained the services of Crusaders head coach Steve Chapin and added former Stars coach Matt Shapiro to the coaching staff.
"Coach Chapin has been a cornerstone of CMHS Hockey and will be instrumental in our continued success," Central athletic director Todd Sobrilsky said. "His knowledge of the sport and the conference will assure our program continues as a prominent team in the area."
Chapin selected Shapiro to serve as his assistant. Shapiro, who has deep roots in the Brookfield program, was a successful head coach for the Stars. He left the position two years ago for professional reasons.
His success in that professional role and the new arrangements for the program will allow him to return to the team.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Sport Shorts: May 23
- Brookfield Central girls' track streak now at six titles
- Sport Shorts: May 21
- Brookfield Central golfers win GMC championship
- Brookfield East girls track second in GMC Triple Crown race
- Brookfield Central boys track earns three wins
- Brookfield Academy Sports Shorts: May 23
- Brookfield East girls soccer beats Franklin, Menomonee Falls
- Spartans' Werking sisters help each other compete