Coach Kim Leupold was happy with her Brookfield East girls cross country this season.
The Spartans finished in fourth place in the sectionals, qualifying freshmen twin sisters Rachel Werking and Sarah Werking for the state meet.
Rachel Werking then finished fifth at state and was first-team All-Area. Sarah Werking finished 49th and was named honorable mention All-Area.
The Spartans had a good season, finishing second in the Greater Metro Conference.
Both Werkings were first-team all-conference selections, while Natalie Gehred was second team and Lisa Browne third team.
Leupold will lose 14 seniors from the program: Molly Neimi, Brittany Allen, Shannon Cashin, Hayley Taylor, Julie Fuerbringer, Jocelyn Yaegger, Christine Pelto, Katie Schwarz, Emma Sudar, Kaitlyn Bisping, Jasmine Miller, Lauren Hill, Maria Gehred and Natalie Gehred.
Leupold's JV team also did well, taking first place in the GMC.
"We had a great season with wonderful returning senior leadership," Leupold said, "along with a very strong freshman class."
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Menomonee Falls boys basketball coach Ben Farley to step down
- Brookfield East Sports Shorts: May 26
- Girls soccer: Brookfield Central, DSHA play to 1-1 tie, share GMC crown
- Youth Baseball: U12 Brewers win 'State Wars' tournament
- Brookfield-Elm Grove Sports Notes: May 26, 2016
- Land O’Lakes Baseball: Bulldogs, Blue Sox lose in Land O'Lakes play
- Boys Tennis: Brookfield East boys second in Greater Metro Conference tennis tournament
- Girls Track and Field: Brookfield East girls win GMC Outdoor title
- Boys Tennis: Brookfield Central boys tennis team finishes third in GMC Tournament