Coach Kim Leupold was happy with her Brookfield East girls cross country this season.
The Spartans finished in fourth place in the sectionals, qualifying freshmen twin sisters Rachel Werking and Sarah Werking for the state meet.
Rachel Werking then finished fifth at state and was first-team All-Area. Sarah Werking finished 49th and was named honorable mention All-Area.
The Spartans had a good season, finishing second in the Greater Metro Conference.
Both Werkings were first-team all-conference selections, while Natalie Gehred was second team and Lisa Browne third team.
Leupold will lose 14 seniors from the program: Molly Neimi, Brittany Allen, Shannon Cashin, Hayley Taylor, Julie Fuerbringer, Jocelyn Yaegger, Christine Pelto, Katie Schwarz, Emma Sudar, Kaitlyn Bisping, Jasmine Miller, Lauren Hill, Maria Gehred and Natalie Gehred.
Leupold's JV team also did well, taking first place in the GMC.
"We had a great season with wonderful returning senior leadership," Leupold said, "along with a very strong freshman class."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield Central Sports: Sept. 3
- Central tennis team beats Tosa West
- Brookfield East kickers blank Homestead, 2-0
- Central's boys volleyball team only returns three letter winners
- Key injuries might slow Brookfield Central's girls XC team
- Football: Brookfield East crushes Beaver Dam, 47-0
- Dominic LaBellarte leads Brookfield Central football to 55-13 romp over Riverside
- West Bend rallies to beat Brookfield, 8-4
- Brookfield East girls volleyball team expects to contend