Waco, Texas - Former Brookfield Central defensive back Jack Moro of St. Cloud University earned All-American honors from two different organizations in the past two weeks.
Moro was named to the first team 2012 Division II Coaches' All-America Team by the American Football Coaches Association, or AFCA, and to the 2012 Daktronics All-America first team.
The latter team is sponsored by Daktronics, an acknowledged world leader in scoring, timing and programmable display systems for virtually every sport at every level of competition. The team is voted on by the NCAA Division II members of the College Sports Information Directors of America (D2SIDA).
This is the third first-team All-American honor for Moro: Earlier in the month he was named to the Beyond Sports Network (BSN) All-America Team.
In addition, Moro is a 2012 Daktronics Super Region No. 3 first-team All-Region selection and was the top vote-getter at the defensive back position.
Moro, an All-Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC) defensive back, led the NCAA Division II in interceptions with a school record 11 picks. He broke the old record of nine, which stood since 1970. He returned one of those interceptions for a touchdown in the Huskies' 24-19 win at Wayne State College on Sept. 22.
Moro had four multiple-interception games in 2012, including two games with three interceptions against conference opponents Wayne State and Mary.
Moro is a two-year Husky starter and has played in every game over the last three seasons. He has 14 career interceptions, five shy of the school record of 19.
St. Cloud State posted a fifth straight winning season in 2012 with a 7-4 overall record and finished 5-2 in the NSIC North, good for third place.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball unable to pull upset in regional loss to Sussex Hamilton
- Sports Notes: July 21, 2016
- Baseball: Brookfield East drops regional opener to Kettle Moraine
- Football: Former Brookfield East coach Tom Swittel goes out with WFCA All-Star Game win
- Brookfield Bulldogs, Blue Sox begin Land O'Lakes stretch run
- New Brookfield Central AD Don Kurth to bring wide variety of experience
- Sports Notes: July 14
- Baseball: Brookfield East's upset bid falls short in Greater Metro baseball tournament
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball team wins three of final four regular-season games