Brookfield East wrestlers finished third in the fifth bracket of the Northern Exposure in Merrill on Friday and Saturday.
New London defeated East, 52-12, in the semifinal, but East defeated the Grizzlies, 46-30, in the third-place match.
East began by beating Appleton East, 63-12, in round one, but then lost their last four matches to Edgar (54-24), Oconto Falls (63-12), the Bluejays (39-30) and Waterford (39-27).
The LeClaire brothers led the way for the Spartans.
P.J. LeClaire, wrestling at 220/285, pinned all seven of his opponents. John LeClaire at 195/220 had four pins and two decisions among his victories.
Malcolm Vetter at 113 totaled three pins, a decision and a forfeit and Carsten Balke at 120 had two pins, a technical fall, a decision and a forfeit.
Other multiple winners were Ben Lingeman at 126 with a pin and two decisions; Josh Dempsey at 138/145 with a pin and two forfeits; David Wertz at 132 with a pin, a decision and a forfeit; Patrick Zwicki at 170/182 with a major decision and a forfeit and Drew Hepperla at 152 with a pin and a forfeit.
Single winners were Connor Sera at 182 and Kyle Banaske at 170, each with pins, Jack Volden at 145 with a major decision and Alex McGuire at 160 with a win by forfeit.
- Tom "Sky" Skibosh
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield East girls open with two blowout losses
- Busch steps up in Brookfield Central Lancers opening 51-29 win
- Brookfield East basketball boys have depth, experience returning
- Brookfield Central's Wandrey sees intangibles as strength
- Brookfield Central girls cross country had outstanding season
- Brookfield East boys volleyball coach will miss senior class
- Brookfield Central football coach Jed Kennedy is impressed with team's resiliency
- Brookfield East gridders go back to the basics
- Elmbrook Swim Club: Nov. 20