The Brookfield Central boys soccer team recently celebrated the 2012 fall season with seven program awards.
The Ballon d'Or (Golden Ball Award) went to Tyler Moore for being the Team MVP. The award is chosen by the players match-by-match (The Man of the Match Award). It is then awarded to the player that earns the most votes over the course of the season.
The Rinus Michels Award went to Erik Oimoen. Rinus Michels was named by FIFA as "the coach of the century" for his work with Ajax, Barcelona and Holland in the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s. The award in his name is a coaches' choice award; it goes to the one player who most embodies the prototypical Brookfield Central player. He is skillful, committed and a leader on and off the field.
The Golden Boot was awarded to Brad Jakober, as the honor goes to the player who has scored the most goals in the season.
Richie Sebzda earned the Roy Keane Award, which honors the player that inspires the team with his work rate on the field. This is the player that performs his job, regardless of any expected recognition. This player does not shy away from "dirty work" and is willing to do anything to help the team.
Most Improved Award went to Jacob Kirchen.
The Skillmaster Award went to Vuk Latinovich, the player whose skill surpasses all others; he is the best of the best.
Finally, the De Toekomst Award (which means "the future" in Dutch) was given to Bruno Indig. It is also the name of the famed youth academy Ajax Amsterdam, which has turned out more world stars in the game than any other club on earth. It is given to Central's top prospect, as chosen by the coaching staff.
The Greater Metro Conference/Wisconsin State Coaches Association honors went to the following athletes:
First-team Best of the Rest went to Brad Jakober and Tyler Moore.
The second-team honors went to Johnny Dusing. Oimoen and Latinovich received honorable mentions.
The conference Scholar-Athletes were James Madeline and Andrew Nemcek.
- Tom 'Sky' Skibosh
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield East baseball team places five players on all-GMC team
- Versatile Shipman is Lancers' unsung hero
- Brookfield Bulldogs go 0-3 in ABC Tournament
- Pride of Midwest to add another fast-pitch team
- Brookfield Blue Sox's Leitner tosses gem for fifth victory
- Whitnall walks away with 8-7 win over Eisenhower in extra innings
- Baseball: Pius walks to 4-2 victory over Brookfield Central in regional final
- Pius walks to 4-2 victory over Brookfield Central in regional final
- Can Brookfield Central defend its state championship?