The Brookfield Central boys ski team finished third and the girls fifth in their first race of the season Jan. 3 at a five-team Giant Slalom event at Alpine Valley.
Individually, John Heal was a medalist with a third-place finish. Ben Peterson also finished in the top ten and Dustin Stiloski delivered a strong top-half finish.
The boys returned three varsity letter-winners from last season: seniors Heal, Eric Anderson and Thomas Markey. New to varsity this year will be junior Stiloski and freshman Peterson. Also expected to see some varsity action this season will be seniors David Ohlsson and Mattias Hoehnen.
The girls were led individually by a solid top-half, 14th place finish by Claire Everson.
The girls are led by returning senior varsity letter Everson and a core of returning varsity letter winners: seniors Caroline Treis, Elissa Evanich and Brenna Mulock along with sophomore Katie Collins.
Also expected to see some varsity action this year will be sophomore April Fehr and freshman Mackenzie Swart.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Menomonee Falls boys basketball coach Ben Farley to step down
- Brookfield East Sports Shorts: May 26
- Girls soccer: Brookfield Central, DSHA play to 1-1 tie, share GMC crown
- Youth Baseball: U12 Brewers win 'State Wars' tournament
- Brookfield-Elm Grove Sports Notes: May 26, 2016
- Land O’Lakes Baseball: Bulldogs, Blue Sox lose in Land O'Lakes play
- Boys Tennis: Brookfield East boys second in Greater Metro Conference tennis tournament
- Girls Track and Field: Brookfield East girls win GMC Outdoor title
- Boys Tennis: Brookfield Central boys tennis team finishes third in GMC Tournament