The Brookfield Central boys ski team finished third and the girls fifth in their first race of the season Jan. 3 at a five-team Giant Slalom event at Alpine Valley.
Individually, John Heal was a medalist with a third-place finish. Ben Peterson also finished in the top ten and Dustin Stiloski delivered a strong top-half finish.
The boys returned three varsity letter-winners from last season: seniors Heal, Eric Anderson and Thomas Markey. New to varsity this year will be junior Stiloski and freshman Peterson. Also expected to see some varsity action this season will be seniors David Ohlsson and Mattias Hoehnen.
The girls were led individually by a solid top-half, 14th place finish by Claire Everson.
The girls are led by returning senior varsity letter Everson and a core of returning varsity letter winners: seniors Caroline Treis, Elissa Evanich and Brenna Mulock along with sophomore Katie Collins.
Also expected to see some varsity action this year will be sophomore April Fehr and freshman Mackenzie Swart.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Boys track and field: Brookfield East track and field synonymous with success
- Baseball: Brookfield East baseball team drops four of five
- Softball: Brookfield East's Jahnke, Knight earn first-team All-GMC softball honors
- Land O’Lakes baseball: Brookfield Bulldogs rally for win, stay in first place
- Girls soccer: Brookfield Central's Staszkiewicz named first-team all-state for girls soccer
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball team searching for results
- Baseball: Brookfield East baseball has 6-0 week
- Soccer: Elm Grove soccer players to be honored
- Girls Track and Field: Brookfield East girls have another successful track and field season