The Brookfield Central boys ski team finished third and the girls fifth in their first race of the season Jan. 3 at a five-team Giant Slalom event at Alpine Valley.
Individually, John Heal was a medalist with a third-place finish. Ben Peterson also finished in the top ten and Dustin Stiloski delivered a strong top-half finish.
The boys returned three varsity letter-winners from last season: seniors Heal, Eric Anderson and Thomas Markey. New to varsity this year will be junior Stiloski and freshman Peterson. Also expected to see some varsity action this season will be seniors David Ohlsson and Mattias Hoehnen.
The girls were led individually by a solid top-half, 14th place finish by Claire Everson.
The girls are led by returning senior varsity letter Everson and a core of returning varsity letter winners: seniors Caroline Treis, Elissa Evanich and Brenna Mulock along with sophomore Katie Collins.
Also expected to see some varsity action this year will be sophomore April Fehr and freshman Mackenzie Swart.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Girls basketball: Lancer girls edge Riverside, 42-37, to win regional championship
- Girls basketball: Defending champs open playoffs on strong note
- King ends Lancers season for second year in a row, 77-74
- Salmon's 22 points sparks Tosa East's win over West Allis Hale
- Adams proud of Lancers' senior class
- Central to host D2 finals Saturday
- Home Sweet Home for Lancers
- Brookfield Academy: March 6
- USM ends Stars' season