Divine Savior Holy Angels rallied to beat Brookfield Central, 3-2, in a Greater Metro Conference girls volleyball match on Sept. 11.
Central lost the first game (25-20), but then the Lancers rallied to win the next two (25-23, 31-29) to take a 2-1 lead. But then the Dashers came back with 25-16 and 15-7 victories to win the match.
Taylor Held led Central with 16 kills and 15 digs, Carly Sobrilsky had 39 assists and Jessica Meichtry had five aces.
"We continue to improve and competed at a very high level with one of the best teams in the state," Central coach Scott Spiess said. "While it's disappointing we weren't able to pull out the win, being so close with DSHA all night should help our confidence and make us better in tight situations down the road.
"We had players step up in critical situations, things we haven't even practiced, so that was also good to see. Credit to them (DSHA) for not backing down and playing their best in crunch time."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Sport Shorts: May 23
- Brookfield Central girls' track streak now at six titles
- Sport Shorts: May 21
- Brookfield Central golfers win GMC championship
- Brookfield East girls track second in GMC Triple Crown race
- Brookfield Central boys track earns three wins
- Brookfield Academy Sports Shorts: May 23
- Brookfield East girls soccer beats Franklin, Menomonee Falls
- Spartans' Werking sisters help each other compete