Brookfield Central finished eighth out of 16 teams at the Nicolet Sweet 16 Invitational on Saturday, an event won by Homestead.
They beat Green Bay Southwest, 5-2, in the first round as Hannah Sekaran (6-3, 2-6, 7-5) and Kim Smith won singles matches (6-4, 6-3) while the doubles teams swept.
Caroline Treis/Brooke Skemp (6-2, 6-4), Ali Bublitz/Annie Porritt (7-6 (2), 6-2) and Tori Rieves/Katie Schleicher (7-6 (2), 6-2) won at doubles.
The Lancers then lost to Homestead, 4-3, as Molly Protz (6-4, 6-3), Smith (6-4, 7-6 (5)) and Bublitz/Porritt (7-5, 7-5) had the victories.
Central then lost to Arrowhead, 4-3, with Treis/Skemp (7-5, 6-2), Bublitz/Porritt (7-6 (1), 6-4) and Rieves/Schleicher (3-6, 6-1, 6-3) sweeping doubles.
Central then lost its last match by a familiar 4-3 score, this time falling to Eau Claire Memorial.
Treis (6-1, 6-0), Bublitz/Porritt (6-1, 5-7, 6-4) and Rieves/Schleicher (6-1, 6-2) got the wins.
The Lancers opened the week by losing to University School of Milwaukee, 6-1, on Sept. 4.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Menomonee Falls defends GMC softball title with 2-0 win over BC
- Spartans' Werking sisters help each other compete
- Brookfield East Sport Shorts: May 14
- Brookfield East boys wins Burling Invite by 78 points
- Brookfield Central netters have unbeaten week
- Brookfield Central Sport Shorts: May 14
- Massart, Thomas two of Central's best athletes ever
- Brookfield Academy wrapups: May 13
- Brookfield Central kickers have 1-1-1 week