The Brookfield Central girls swimming and diving team got the Greater Metro Conference off to a good start by crushing Wauwatosa East, 137-47, a 90-point victory.
"It was a great way to start our conference dual meet calendar," Central coach William Twitchell said.
The Lancers rolled out the Red Raiders, winning nine of 12 events.
Double winner Greta Patt won the 50-yard freestyle (27.24 seconds) and the 100 free (58.62).
Maddie Severance, Lauren Flatley and Courtney Severance were all on two winning relay teams.
The 4x50 medley relay of Sheila Rad, Maddie Severance, Claire Flatley and Lauren Locante (1 minute, 57.77 seconds), the 4x50-yard free relay of Lauren Flatley, Patt, Courtney Severance and Abby Rose (1:47.42), and the 4x100 free relay of Maddie Severance, Courtney Severance, Erin Locante and Lauren Flatley (3:54.96) all took first.
Lauren Flatley also won the 200 individual medley (2:24.56), and Claire Flatley took first in the 100 breaststroke (1:10.98).
Also taking first were Lauren Locante in the 500 free (5:55.78) and Nikki Wahlgren in the 100 butterfly (1:01.92).
The Lancers also won the 1-meter diving as Kate Mierow scored 185.15 points.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield Central girls' track streak now at six titles
- Sport Shorts: May 21
- Brookfield Central golfers win GMC championship
- Brookfield East girls track second in GMC Triple Crown race
- Brookfield Central boys track earns three wins
- Brookfield Academy Sports Shorts: May 23
- Brookfield East girls soccer beats Franklin, Menomonee Falls
- Spartans' Werking sisters help each other compete
- Brookfield East Sport Shorts: May 14