The Glacier girls hockey co-op won the University School of Milwaukee Hockey Classic Thursday through Saturday.
The coaching staff of the Glacier girls hockey team has been disappointed in the group's defensive zone play so far this season. Apparently the team is getting the message as they only surrendered one goal over three games on their way to winning the championship of the USM Classic.
The Glacier opened the tournament on Thursday night with a 6-1 win over conference rival USM. The Glacier scored first on a nice 2-on-1 rush four minutes into the game, but USM fired back two minutes later with a power-play goal. That was the last goal the Glacier would surrender for the weekend.
Friday night had the Glacier matching up against Stoughton. Coming into the game the Glacier knew they would be facing one of the best goaltenders they would see all season in Kenzie Torpy and she didn't disappoint. The Glacier outshot Stoughton 49 to 20, but only managed to beat Torpy on three shots, one in each period for a 3-0 win.
Saturday, the Glacier faced the new co-op from Waupaca for their third game in three days. After a slow start and some uninspired play, the Glacier managed to finish off the young Waupaca squad 3-0 by outshooting them 31-10.
For the weekend the Glacier were led by Morgan Hollowell with six goals, Arianna Smith with two goals-seven assists, Trinity Robinson with a goal and five assists and goaltender Jenna Bales with a weekend save percentage of 97.7 percent.
This week has the Glacier, having visited Arrowhead on Tuesday, host Beaver Dam at 7 p m. Friday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Central tennis team beats Tosa West
- Brookfield East kickers blank Homestead, 2-0
- Central's boys volleyball team only returns three letter winners
- Key injuries might slow Brookfield Central's girls XC team
- Football: Brookfield East crushes Beaver Dam, 47-0
- Dominic LaBellarte leads Brookfield Central football to 55-13 romp over Riverside
- West Bend rallies to beat Brookfield, 8-4
- Brookfield East girls volleyball team expects to contend
- East rushes for 434 yards in win over Popes