The Brookfield East girls cross country team has a sister act going and it helped the Spartans to a fourth-place finish at the South Milwaukee Rockets Invitational on Saturday on Grant Park.
East scored 115 points and finished behind Brookfield Central (87), Muskego (89) and Oshkosh West (110).
The Spartans were led by Rachel Werking, who finished third in 15 minutes, 2 seconds behind Wauwatosa East's Natalie Schudrowitz (14:44.3) and Kenosha Tremper's Brittney Feivor (14:49.3).
Sarah Werking was sixth (15:28.6) and the next best finish came from Brianna Mathison who was 32nd (16:31.1). Lisa Browne was 35th (16:33.6) and Shannon Cashin was 39th (16:37.4).
Alex Sinson was 41st (16:38.6), Allyx Kvasnicka took 43rd (16:40.3) to round out the Spartans lineup.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Sports Shorts: June 20
- Seniors key Brookfield East boys' success
- Congenital glaucoma doesn't stop Blue Knights' Dentice
- Brookfield Central baseball faces busy schedule
- Cedarburg tops Lancers, 3-1, moves to state finals
- Turelli's goal gives Lancers 1-0 win over Neenah in state quarter-finals
- WIAA state girls soccer preview
- Brookfield East boys tennis team can't topple tennis giant, Marquette
- Elmbrook Swim Club grabs several records at Schroeder meet