Brookfield East freshman Rachel Werking continues to excel as she won the Manitowoc Len Nikolai Invitational on Saturday at the Meadow Links Country Club.
"She had a wonderful race, commanding the lead as she approached the first mile marker," coach Kim Leupold said. "She pulled ahead and ran a race with confidence and mental toughness. She also set a new course record with a time of 14 minutes, 50.12 seconds."
The girls finished fourth place overall with 112 points, only four points out of second (Stevens Point, 108) and three out of third (Appleton North, 109).
Sarah Werking was fourth (15:10.67), Allyx Kvasnicka was 34th (16:18), Lisa Browne 36th (16:23) and Brianna Mathison 37th (16:25) were the top five runners.
Natalie Gehred was 52nd (16:37), Shannon Cashin, 56th (16:42) and Alex Sinson, 73rd (16:53).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Sport Shorts: May 23
- Brookfield Central girls' track streak now at six titles
- Sport Shorts: May 21
- Brookfield Central golfers win GMC championship
- Brookfield East girls track second in GMC Triple Crown race
- Brookfield Central boys track earns three wins
- Brookfield Academy Sports Shorts: May 23
- Brookfield East girls soccer beats Franklin, Menomonee Falls
- Spartans' Werking sisters help each other compete