Brookfield Central qualified five swimmers in four events Saturday - two individuals and two relays - at the WIAA Sectional at Waukesha South/Mukwonago.
Lancers coach William Twitchell was not surprised by who qualified.
"The sectional meet always leaves you a bit unrequited unless you qualify all 18 entries," he said. "The athletes that should have qualified did.
"We are excited to see where these swims can score next weekend. In the end, whether you are the goose or the gravy, it is still Christmas."
You can find sophomore Nikki Wahlgren all over the Lancers highlight sheet, as she qualified in an individual event and both relay teams.
She finished seventh in the 100-yard butterfly in 59.76 seconds and junior Leah Lee was fourth in the 100 breaststroke in 1 minute, 8.67 seconds and will be Central's two individual races.
Wahlgren then anchored both relays.
On the 200 freestyle relay she teamed with three freshmen Claire Flatley, Lauren Flatley and Erin Locante, finishing fourth (1:41.23).
All four teamed up again to take fourth in the 400 free relay in 3:41.23.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Three Brookfield East football players earn All-Suburban honors
- Rasmussen, Knopp first-team All-Suburban
- Impressive start for Brookfield Central girls basketball
- Roundball Rankings: Player of the Week
- East girls struggle from the field
- Brookfield Academy: Dec. 5
- Dempsey, LeClaire to lead Brookfield East wrestling team
- Brookfield Stars hockey team wins Sheboygan Tournament
- Brookfield Central boys basketball rolls in Illinois tourney