While a dominant student/athlete at Brookfield East, Dennis Fadeski was the state player of the year, the leader of the unbeaten WIAA state and mythical national soccer champions of 1995.
In the process, he earned a major Division I scholarship and, oh yeah, won a WIAA state wrestling title later in his senior year.
But for East assistant soccer coach Fadeski now, the pressure of all that was nothing compared to the death by a 1,000 cuts that was the intense overtime shootout WIAA sectional final victory the Spartans pulled out against Whitefish Bay on Oct. 20.
"It's so much easier when you're out there playing," said Fadeski, who during the game could often be seen either shouting encouragement or crouching with his head in his hands. "You have some control of what's going on. But heck, as a coach, you know there's little that you can actually do. You know it's all on their (the players') shoulders."
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Boys track and field: Brookfield Central boys track team fifth at GMC Outdoor Championship
- Girls Track and Field: Brookfield Central girls finish solid second in GMC Outdoor
- Boys Tennis: Brookfield Lancers boys tennis team beats Falls, Fond du Lac, loses to MUHS; goes 1-2 in Saturday in
- Sports Shorts: May 19, 2016
- Softball: Brookfield Central edges East, 7-6, in crosstown thriller
- Girls track and field: Brookfield East girls win Menomonee Falls Invitational
- Boys tennis: Brookfield East boys tennis team has 4-0 week
- Sports Notes: May 19, 2016
- Wrestling: Mike Weller steps down as Brookfield East wrestling coach