The Brookfield Bulldogs routed Hartland, 18-1, in a Land O' Lakes Western Division game on Sunday.
The Bulldogs rapped out 18 hits, led by four from Mike Mierow, three by Mike Jacobs and K.C. Pinsoneault and two apiece from Kris Franzen, Scott Booth and Nick Kanavas.
Booth lined a home run and drove in five runs, while Jacobs brought in four runs and Pinsoneault three runs for Brookfield.
Greg Basthemer worked the first five innings, allowing just two hits and one walk while striking out five. Josh Lemke finished the final two frames, surrendering no hits and fanning two.
The Bulldogs made short work of Hartland, racking up eight runs in the second and fourth innings to take a 17-0 lead.
Brookfield finishes 14-4 for the regular season in the West Division, tied with the West Bend 7-Ups. West Bend holds the top seed in the upcoming division playoffs, while Brookfield is second.
The Bulldogs will face either third seed Pewaukee or sixth seed Sussex at 1 p.m. Aug. 12 at McCoy Field in their first playoff game.
- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield East girls open with two blowout losses
- Busch steps up in Brookfield Central Lancers opening 51-29 win
- Brookfield East basketball boys have depth, experience returning
- Brookfield Central's Wandrey sees intangibles as strength
- Brookfield Central girls cross country had outstanding season
- Brookfield East boys volleyball coach will miss senior class
- Brookfield Central football coach Jed Kennedy is impressed with team's resiliency
- Brookfield East gridders go back to the basics
- Elmbrook Swim Club: Nov. 20