The Brookfield Bulldogs continued their Land O' Lakes Western Division playoff run with an 8-6 victory over the Menomonee Falls Lakers on Sunday.
The Bulldogs had moved into the top seed in the division standings when West Bend had to forfeit two games because of the use of an ineligible player. Falls, the fourth seed, had advanced by winning its first-round contest on Saturday.
West Bend and Pewaukee played on Sunday, with the result not available by press time for this issue. Brookfield will meet the winner of that game on the road this Saturday, and if necessary, those teams will clash again at 1 p.m. Sunday at McCoy Field.
The winner there claims the Western Division championship and will head to the Grand Championship playoffs, which begin on Aug. 25.
The Bulldogs are defending the Grand Championship crown from last season, when they topped Cedarburg in the final game. Cedarburg is back in the Grand Championship as well, having gone unbeaten in the Northern Division.
- John Rech
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Baseball: Brookfield East baseball has 6-0 week
- Soccer: Elm Grove soccer players to be honored
- Girls Track and Field: Brookfield East girls have another successful track and field season
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball can't quite end streak
- Baseball: Brookfield East uses five-run first inning to beat Lancers
- Land O’Lakes baseball: Arnold throws no-hitter, Blue Sox blank Menomonee Falls
- Elmbrook Swim Club hosted All-American meet at Brookfield East
- Softball: Brookfield Central had solid season under new coaching staff
- Elmbrook Swim Club: June 2