The Brookfield Bulldogs continued their Land O' Lakes Western Division playoff run with an 8-6 victory over the Menomonee Falls Lakers on Sunday.
The Bulldogs had moved into the top seed in the division standings when West Bend had to forfeit two games because of the use of an ineligible player. Falls, the fourth seed, had advanced by winning its first-round contest on Saturday.
West Bend and Pewaukee played on Sunday, with the result not available by press time for this issue. Brookfield will meet the winner of that game on the road this Saturday, and if necessary, those teams will clash again at 1 p.m. Sunday at McCoy Field.
The winner there claims the Western Division championship and will head to the Grand Championship playoffs, which begin on Aug. 25.
The Bulldogs are defending the Grand Championship crown from last season, when they topped Cedarburg in the final game. Cedarburg is back in the Grand Championship as well, having gone unbeaten in the Northern Division.
- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield Central football coach Jed Kennedy is impressed with team's resiliency
- Brookfield East gridders go back to the basics
- Elmbrook Swim Club: Nov. 20
- Brookfield East's Gustafson has lifetime best in 500 free
- Brauer, Busch to lead young Brookfield Central Lancers
- Brookfield Academy: Nov. 20, 2014
- Brookfield Central swimmers finish 12th at state meet
- Brookfield East girls put together record-breaking year
- Sports Shorts: Nov. 13