The Brookfield Bulldogs continued their Land O' Lakes Western Division playoff run with an 8-6 victory over the Menomonee Falls Lakers on Sunday.
The Bulldogs had moved into the top seed in the division standings when West Bend had to forfeit two games because of the use of an ineligible player. Falls, the fourth seed, had advanced by winning its first-round contest on Saturday.
West Bend and Pewaukee played on Sunday, with the result not available by press time for this issue. Brookfield will meet the winner of that game on the road this Saturday, and if necessary, those teams will clash again at 1 p.m. Sunday at McCoy Field.
The winner there claims the Western Division championship and will head to the Grand Championship playoffs, which begin on Aug. 25.
The Bulldogs are defending the Grand Championship crown from last season, when they topped Cedarburg in the final game. Cedarburg is back in the Grand Championship as well, having gone unbeaten in the Northern Division.
- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Boys basketball: Hamilton, Brookfield Central renew rivalry Friday
- Former Central kicker coaching at UW-La Crosse
- Wrestling: Central on both sides of nail-biter, nips Chargers
- East wrestlers lose opener to West Allis Central
- Engelhart, Simon spark two Brookfield East victories
- East girls earn first win, crush Nicolet
- Brookfield Academy
- Boys hockey: Stars romp past Greendale in league opener
- Boys swimming: Borden, Rumpit lead swimmers at home invite