The Brookfield Bulldogs continued their Land O' Lakes Western Division playoff run with an 8-6 victory over the Menomonee Falls Lakers on Sunday.
The Bulldogs had moved into the top seed in the division standings when West Bend had to forfeit two games because of the use of an ineligible player. Falls, the fourth seed, had advanced by winning its first-round contest on Saturday.
West Bend and Pewaukee played on Sunday, with the result not available by press time for this issue. Brookfield will meet the winner of that game on the road this Saturday, and if necessary, those teams will clash again at 1 p.m. Sunday at McCoy Field.
The winner there claims the Western Division championship and will head to the Grand Championship playoffs, which begin on Aug. 25.
The Bulldogs are defending the Grand Championship crown from last season, when they topped Cedarburg in the final game. Cedarburg is back in the Grand Championship as well, having gone unbeaten in the Northern Division.
- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Bulldogs to host Lannon on Sunday, Aug. 9
- Brookfield Central Lancers place seven on All-Greater Metro squad
- From the Pressbox: Concussion issues are here to stay until football disappears
- 2016 Brookfield East Jr. Spartans Baseball set tryouts for Saturday
- Brookfield Central guard Emma Brauer headed to UW-La Crosse
- Blue Sox increase winning streak to seven in a row
- Both Brookfield Land O' Lakes teams can make playoffs — or not
- Brookfield Bulldogs split two games over weekend
- Brookfield Land O'Lakes game brings back good memories