The Brookfield Bulldogs threw a five-run fourth inning at the Stonemen and coasted to a 7-1 win at Lannon on July 4.
Bulldogs pitchers winning pitcher Mike Mierow, Josh Lemke and Greg Basthemer threw a combined two-hitter against Lannon.
Mierow got the win, giving up just one run on one hit while striking out eight and walking just one in five innings pitched.
Lemke came in next and continued to shut down Lannon, pitching three scoreless innings and giving up just one hit. Basthemer shut the door and pitched a perfect ninth, striking out one batter.
Ryan Hinz led off in place of a vacationing Jason Rutz and went 2-for-5 with a double and an RBI. Andy Monigal was 2-for-4 with three stolen bases.
Nick Kanavas, playing shortstop for the Bulldogs, went 2-for-3 with a double and a walk. Mike Jacobs was 2-for-3 with a double and two RBIs and Scott Booth had a two-run triple in the big fourth inning.
Brookfield stole seven bases on the day.
The Bulldogs host Pewaukee on July 14 and play at Merton on July 15.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Sport Shorts: May 23
- Brookfield Central girls' track streak now at six titles
- Sport Shorts: May 21
- Brookfield Central golfers win GMC championship
- Brookfield East girls track second in GMC Triple Crown race
- Brookfield Central boys track earns three wins
- Brookfield Academy Sports Shorts: May 23
- Brookfield East girls soccer beats Franklin, Menomonee Falls
- Spartans' Werking sisters help each other compete